PRE DAWN PATROL week of 7 Jan (Read 657 times)

still alive

It's 8 am. The snow is falling in big huge flakes. The darkness is waning toward light. It's 16 degrees above zero. What's not to love? I'm on my way out the door for my first 10 mile run since the Twin Cities marathon in October. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Good luck on the 10 miler Greg. 7 easy miles for me ... 9:00 pace ... 128 AHR. These Sunday recovery runs are getting easier so my fitness must be improving. Yesterday was only 20 but my pace was faster than normal. Actually, it was only 31 seconds slower than my goal MP. That isn't smart. My usual target is at least 1:00 and 1:30 doesn't upset me.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

still alive

Good job on the 7 miles. Well, I got in over 11 miles actually and it was fantastic. I averaged a 10:00 pace which is pretty good as I was running in slippery snow and unshoveled sidewalks.

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Well, I got in over 11 miles actually and it was fantastic. I averaged a 10:00 pace which is pretty good as I was running in slippery snow and unshoveled sidewalks.
          That IS good! I remember January of '96 here in Ky. we got one of the few good snow storms I've seen in my 36 years here. I was training for the Shamrock Marathon in March. My usual long/easy run pace was about 9:00 and I was doing 9:45 miles at a heart rate that normally would yeild an 8:00 pace. Running in snow and ice is tough. Great job. Wink

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Ray, Nice job on the 7 miler today. Greg, great 10 miler in the snow. I got in a nice 8 mile tempo run. Iwas going to run a MP pace run but felt so good picking it up a bit I decided to go for a bit more speed. Since my marathon is two weeks from today, I thought it couldn't hurt too much. Splits: 9:13 7:59 7:58 7:55 7:49 7:51 7:34 8:49

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Kev, ya gotta love it when it "feels right". I'm jealous and I wish I could run the ING Miami. My sister lives in Biscayne Park. DW and I will go to FL (Bradenton) for a week after the Bi-Lo. Best of luck and can I ask what your goal is?