Turn off satellite on start on Garmin 305? (Read 741 times)

I searched, I read the manual, but didn't see the answer, so... Does anyone know if you can interrupt the start up search for satellite on your Garmin 305? Example, I just want to turn it on and see the time of my last run. I don't want to wait for it to search for a satellite, especially since I am inside. Is there a button to press to do this? TIA!

http://www.runningnotes.net

The Greatest of All Time

I just got mine like 2 days ago, but if you press the mode button doesn't that do it? I could be wrong.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I searched, I read the manual, but didn't see the answer, so... Does anyone know if you can interrupt the start up search for satellite on your Garmin 305? Example, I just want to turn it on and see the time of my last run. I don't want to wait for it to search for a satellite, especially since I am inside. Is there a button to press to do this? TIA!
        I don't have my watch in front of me right now, but I think you do the following: After turning the watch on, hold down the button on the lower left side. You should get a dialog that pops up allowing you to change the sport (Running/cycling/other) as well as switch between outdoors and indoor use. Though I think you can look at history while the sat-search is going on by simply hitting the same button until you get out to the menu.
        I just got mine like 2 days ago, but if you press the mode button doesn't that do it?
        Yeah, the mode button, that's it!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I just got mine like 2 days ago, but if you press the mode button doesn't that do it? I could be wrong.
          I am an idiot. Had mine for months. Didn't even think to try that. I think I am so attached to it, that I was afraid of somehow breaking it. Thanks!!!!

http://www.runningnotes.net

Teresadfp

One day at a time

nh, I'm glad you asked the question, because I was wondering the same thing! RA comes through again. Smile