Runner Rankings... (Read 1286 times)

I'd like to see a runner ranking system based on public logs and PRs. It could be separated by event distance. There could different time frames too, like fastest all time, last 6 months or 1 year, etc. Participation could be optional, maybe through a flag somewhere in the options. Another option would be to add it to groups. For example, the "Improving Your 5K" group could list 5K times for the group. Just a thought.
      I'd like to see a runner ranking system based on public logs and PRs. It could be separated by event distance. There could different time frames too, like fastest all time, last 6 months or 1 year, etc. Participation could be optional, maybe through a flag somewhere in the options. Another option would be to add it to groups. For example, the "Improving Your 5K" group could list 5K times for the group. Just a thought.
      Could be interesting ... Would you want age group/gender categories, too? That might be a lot of work.
        I like the idea... like maybe who's run the longest that day so far..., fastest 5k that day in training etc. That would motivate me to try harder, I certainly won't be on the lists myself (unless I were to run really early in the day or right after midnight!), but it would be cool. Like on iTunes, which tracks are the most popular that day. And maybe how many total miles logged that day by all the runners on Running Ahead, all in the year so far. -nice suggestion Dustin Racing Thoughts -Kirt
        eric :)

This sounds like a "would be nice to have" feature. I'll consider add it once I finish the new log. eric :-)
            Yeah, it's definitely not a priority or anything. Thanks for considering it.

Looking gooooood ;p

I think it would have to have an "Opt in" function separate from allowing people to view logs. Some people (me! Wink) are very sensitive to being compared with others....
              The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric - perhaps this might be something you can incorporate with the Virtual Racers if/when you get around to it? I'd check with Daddyo and see what he thinks...

Roads were made for journeys...

This site does it pretty well - might be worth a look for inspiration
                    That is a good idea because i've always wanted to know where I rank. It might be demeaning to people who aren't very fast though.

PR's
                    800: 2:38|1600: 5:18|3200: 11:55|3 mile:19:07

I think this is a really good idea. Our coach gives us what he calls leaderboards after every race and I think it would be cool if it could just be posted online. That way more people would use the log (we have problems with people not putting their miles) and it would be updated automatically everytime someone entered a new p.r. I also like the idea of having a recent record board and an all time record board. That way our team could see how they stack up that season and how they stack up to prior seasons.
                      Teresadfp

One day at a time

That is a good idea because i've always wanted to know where I rank. It might be demeaning to people who aren't very fast though.
                        Nah, I'm used to being a Back-of-the-Packer. I just think about all the other 45-year-old moms who don't run at all! The fact that I can now run almost 10 miles straight is what matters.