Beat that Dean Karnazes! (Read 594 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Tiny Runner Completes Epic Journey in China Let's hope there's no long term damage to the poor girl...
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I posted a link to a story about her a while back. It makes me ill. That little body is too young for the level of effort that she is being pushed to do day in and day out. I really don't think any person should be doing marathons until well after puberty. I'm not even sure a child her age should be doing more than a 5 or 10k. Poor baby. I don't think there's a mother in the picture, either. Another interesting factor...her father was apparently a runner who never had the success he had dreamed of. Sounds to me that he is trying to live vicariously, but the jerk needs to get his ass off the scooter and run WITH her if he thinks what she's doing is such a good idea. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

Nice! Now if my 8 and 10 year-olds complain about the rigorous training regimine I'm developing to get them ready for October's Jaguar Jog (the 1-mile road race at their school) I'll have this to show them! HA! 10 x 400's in spikes at dawn and let me see a pair of clean heels or it's the whip now girls!!!

Runners run

madness baby

Sounds like it's a tribute to her future medical problems! That cannot be good!
          deb
            This makes me so sad:
            But many are asking whether that is really her dream, or the dream of her father. When asked whether she was happy to have arrived in Beijing, the 8-year-old's immediate reaction is telling — as is her own correction. "I'm too excited for words. Because I've finished my task, I mean, I've realized my dream," she said.
            This is, without a doubt, child abuse. The hours, the miles ... the task dream.
            2009: BQ?
              I saw this in the paper yesterday and was just thinking this girl puts in more miles in a month then I put in a year! Cry Maybe she'll need to come over here to the states to give me a motivational speech. Smile

Vim