Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

RunsForCake

Thanks Skyedog! 

And I don't mix up my runs at all which I know is where the boredom comes in.  My work schedule was pretty crazy so I was waking at 4 AM to get my runs in before I headed to work so it was easy to just open the door and go.  I live in a smaller suburb and most of my routes are on single lane roads through farm towns.

I recently was laid off( ) and have more time to scout out new routes.  I know we have a few trails around here so that just may be the ticket to feeling excited about running again. 

Trent, 80 second PR after your 50k and marathon just a few days ago...WOW!

BTW, I made your Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Crust for dessert today.  It smelled awesome while baking but I forgot to cover the edges with foil and they got a little brown. 

I'm hoping a huge dollop of spiced whipped cream will cover up the "burnt" taste.  LOL!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I can't wait to hear how it tastes!

A Saucy Wench

I've solved overly burned pumpkin pie edges by breaking the edge off all the way around and then piping some whipped cream around the edge to cover the broken part.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Costco.  Criminy.

A Saucy Wench

Costco.  Criminy.

poor trent.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

RunsForCake

Total jack of this thread but WTF!  LOL!

Trent, the pie was awesome!  I love how the crust added another layer of spicy goodness to the filling.  And the spiced whipped cream (heavy cream whipped with a bit of sugar and pumpkin pie spice) was a perfect way to top it off!

I totally overbaked the pie as it was tough removing the first piece from the plate.  But nobody complained after they tasted it. 

Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Oh, and because who doesn't love a food pic:

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Awesome!  Not a threadjack; looks like a victory to me.

Looks great, actuall.  Sigh.

BTW, it does not look overcooked.

A Saucy Wench

oh yeah, that is not burned.  Burned would have charcoal edges.

RunsForCake

LOL!  You are right Ennay. 

And yes Trent, I guess this thread can be all about any type of victory in life, not just those made by running. 

thatsa niceaa looking pie.  congratulations on your pie victory & yes more races should have pies at the finish.  2 weeks ago did a trail race & they had pumpkin pie for all afterward, yum
                        2nd highest mileage month EVER...just coming back from having to take Oct off-and I feel great.  I am shouting it from the mountain tops!  Woot, woot!

Cool Jump Suit

2nd highest mileage month EVER...just coming back from having to take Oct off-and I feel great.  I am shouting it from the mountain tops!  Woot, woot!

WOOT, WOOT!!   right back at you.....proud of you

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          Won't ask for absolution;
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          Still searches for solution.
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Did  2.6 miles to reach 140 for the  month and 1000 for the year.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

You Are Beautiful.

Had my longest street run in a while. Made it out 4 miles! I'm really trying to break 5 miles. I also did a great warmup and cooldown, that never happens. AND! I stretched! For like, 10 minutes!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                              Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Cool Jump Suit

Had my longest street run in a while. Made it out 4 miles! I'm really trying to break 5 miles. I also did a great warmup and cooldown, that never happens. AND! I stretched! For like, 10 minutes!

That's awesome; especially the warmup/cooldown/stretching.  I am absolutely horrible about those things!  Excellent job!

So bittersweet,
                                This tragedy
                                Won't ask for absolution;
                                This melody,
                                Inside of me,
                                Still searches for solution.
                                A twist of faith,
                                A change of heart
                                Cures my infatuation.
                                A broken heart, 
                                Provides the spark
                                For my determination.