? about swollen toes (Read 540 times)

I had a stress fracture in my arch by my toes when I was about 14. Well I've been having minor pain there for the past few weeks and two of my toes have even felt a little swollen. Well tonight they are definetly swollen. I can barely move them, though the pain isn't that bad. I am going to see a podiatrist but plan on keeping up with my running. I figured since it doesn't hurt or bother me on my runs I may as well keep running until told otherwise. Any thoughts on what might cause this other than a stress fracture? Oh and I doubt it's my shoes. TIA, Pam

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No ideas, glad you are seening a doc, though. Does ibuprophen help with the swelling at all? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yeah. No idea eiither. I was hoping someone else here had some brilliant insight... A podiatrist sounds like a GREAT idea. Do they hurt when you poke them? The only things that *I* know that make toes swell are insect bites, sprains, and fractures. Sad

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm pretty sure it's a stress fracture. My big thing is there is NO WAY IN HE$$ I am taking 6- 8 weeks off for something that doesn't even really bother me while running. Well I guess the only way I will is if running on it will cause more damage that will hurt my running in the future OR he puts a cast on it lol ( which I know they don't do anymore thankfully) Thanks ladies, Pam Edit= I've decided I really don't need to go see a doctor UNLESS it gets really painfull. I know all they will do is tell me to take it easy for 6-8 weeks (which I know I won't be able to do) so i'm just saving myself a copay lol.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

JakeKnight

Edit= I've decided I really don't need to go see a doctor UNLESS it gets really painfull. I know all they will do is tell me to take it easy for 6-8 weeks (which I know I won't be able to do) so i'm just saving myself a copay lol.
            Atta girl! Doctors are for sissies. If it hurts, just run faster. (For what it's worth, my recent toe problem vanished (mostly) on its own. All I did was lay off the speed work and take some extra days off. And my toe was swollen to the size of a small Dachshund. A lot of ice helped, too.)

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------