cellulite (Read 2021 times)

OK, running is great for toning the front of my legs. But my rear could still use some help. I can't believe I still have cellulite. I need real at home type solutions, can't afford a gym. Any ideas?

- Anya

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dave

Lunges and body weight squats. Lots of them. For a crosstraining day, something like 20 minutes of: 10 lunges 20 back extensions (on a ball) 30 body weight squats Repeat without rest breaks if possible through the whole 20 minutes. Not sure we can really tailor a good workout for you without pictures.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Run more, as in longer distances? Or more often? I always here caffine and alcohol trap toxins in your but and theighs. How stupid is that? If that's the case, I'm doomed for sure. I eat healthy and drink tons of water. I was overweight about 4 years ago, and have had it ever since then.. If I ever knew how gaining weight would reuin my body, I never would have.. It's a nightmare. I'll never be the same. Oh, well, I look great in clothes!

- Anya

chrimbler

I know you don't want to hear this and I hate to be the one to tell you, but you can never really get rid of cellulite once you have it...sorry
          Run like you stole it!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I ever knew how gaining weight would reuin my body, I never would have.. It's a nightmare. I'll never be the same. Oh, well, I look great in clothes!
            Don't have kids!!! ShockedNo I've heard that cellulite is a genetic thing...kind of like stretch marks. Some people can gain and lose and not have either (I'm not one of them...*sigh*). I have seen overweight people without cellulite as well as very skinny people who have dimpling. Weight loss will certainly minimize things, but if a person is prone to cellulite I'm not sure it's avoidable short of being underweight.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was very thin in college and I still had lots of cellulite. And since then I've gained weight, lost weight, but the cellulite stays. The most improvement I've seen has been in the last few months of marathon training when I finally got above 30mpw. It doesn't seem to go away, but I'm definitely firmer, especially after a really long trail run with lots and lots of hills. I've heard that sunless tanner will mask the problem, but I'm so bad at applying it that I'd probably just draw attention to the issue.
                Thanks all. Yes, genetics. And for me it was the weight gain. I will keep trying. And it does appear improved, more firmer. It's just not the a*s I used to have. It's too bad, I'd love to walk the beach in just a bathing suit. Thank god board shorts are in. I will try some of the lunges, but that always seems to just work my quads.

- Anya

#artbydmcbride

Donkey kicks will probably work better. Hold on to the back of a chair and kick each leg out ..straight back, and some to the side. Get your foot up level with your butt cheek and kick your leg straight out. Smile

Runners run

Donkey kicks, I'll try em' !

- Anya

I know you don't want to hear this and I hate to be the one to tell you, but you can never really get rid of cellulite once you have it...sorry
                      Um-yeah....we really don't want to hear that. Tongue
                      chrimbler

I said sorry... Smile
                        Run like you stole it!

Imminent Catastrophe

Like Trent alluded, I don't think there's a shortcut way but I do suggest that you not waste your money on the thousands of scam products out there that claim to get rid of it. "Cellulite" is a very popular area for quackery.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Long live the board shorts!
                            xor

Long live the board shorts!
                              Have you read Nobby's posts? He's one of the board longs. Me too, sometimes.