Forerunner 205 v. Forerunner 305 (Read 879 times)

When I got my garmin, there's was only a $25 difference between the 205/305 after the rebates that were available at the time. I went with the features and wear the HRM strap on occasion - and if I start biking regularly then I can see upgrading to get the cadence sensor at some point.

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JakeKnight

If it's only $40 difference, I'd probably get the 305. Or just save up and get the 405.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

I prefer the 105.
          If it's only $40 difference, I'd probably get the 305. Or just save up and get the 405.
          $40 to a guy who is graduating college in debt...remember that small fact Wink
            Dude, welcome to a lifetime of debt. It's called adulthood and $40 won't matter down the road. Buy 5 less lattes or something. Get the HR one, I say (this from a guy who just replaced his LOST 305 yesterday with another 305. I ain't gonna take this one off!) In case you get into HR running, you can't "add it on" a 205 - same for cadence sensor, if you were to want to do that, if you bike.
              I'd go with the 305. Debt -Find a nice sugar mama who will help you pay it off. (Avoid ones that go by names synonymous with lions) -Find a Y to stay at or KOA if you really want to get cost down -Buy beans and rice as the bulk of your diet with an occasional ramen noodle bowl just to spice things up every so often -DON'T LIVE BEYOND YOUR MEANS -Obessively talk about running and perhaps someone will fed your passion by giving you a 305 as a gift!

Vim

Yeah, but I'm going into ministry...doesn't pay much. But that's okay. I'm leaning towards the 305.
                  Darn you people. I have a 305 now. Happy Graduation Day to me.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Darn you people. I have a 305 now. Happy Graduation Day to me.
                    Let the assimilation commence. Wink Congrats--you richly deserve it! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Congratulations! You will NOT regret it. I debated a lot over which one too and decided on the 305. I do a fair bit of TM running (really early and don't want to run alone in the dark) and might get the footpod someday. That way I can just sync my Garmin and have all of my workouts downloaded at once. By the way, I use the freeware version of Ascent for the Mac and really like it: http://www.montebellosoftware.com/ Enjoy your new running partner! Smile
                      ~ Fly ~
                      Only as much as I dream can I be.
                      veggies on the run