Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Roadrunner's Apprentice

Dang, that's impressive!

2014 Goals:

- sub-26 5K : sub-56 10K : 1st half marathon

- Tell my excuses to shut up and lace up...

Ran my first 10km wearing zero drop minimal shoes (NB minimus zero road). Only a training run, but furthest yet and faster than i thought at under 43 minutes. Calf muscles and achilles not doing too bad!

Believe

Sunday posted my half marathon PR 1:45:11 for 13.1.  1st half 52:32 and second half in 52:39.  The previous PR was 10 years ago when I was 42.  It was 1:53:22.  Whew, I'll never run that fast again. Big grin

Believe

This is truly nuts Over 9 miles at an even 8/mile and I am not kidding it was easy. WOW!Big grin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sounds like another HM PR is in the cards for you, Mr. Money!

Believe

Sounds like another HM PR is in the cards for you, Mr. Money!

I hope that is true but I am waiting for the other Moneyman to show up!Confused

Believe

Wow, won may age group(50-59) in 22:32 for a 5K today.  Woohoo!!!!Big grin

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow, won may age group(50-59) in 22:32 for a 5K today.  Woohoo!!!!Big grin

Great work Mr. Money!  Good thing you don't live in my area - you'd be the guy for me to try to beat.

Remembered to buy Gu before tomorrow's long run.

Hey, it may be a really small victory, but it has a big impact Smile

--

Nashville, TN

EliBuford

PR'd in the 5k today. 17:18

Believe

Great work Mr. Money!  Good thing you don't live in my area - you'd be the guy for me to try to beat.

It was a good day.  You'd probably beat me.

Ran my first half marathon this morning. Wanted to hit 7:20 pace and finished with a 7:04 -- 1 hour 32 min. and change. Negative splits all the way, chewed up a hilly course and made smart pacing decisions.

And I wanted to die on the last 300 yards, so I know I didn't leave anything on the course.

I'm very happy. But now I've also got no excuses for not aiming a lot higher next spring.

Believe

PR'd in the 5k today. 17:18

Wow way to go, that is great!

Believe

Ran my first half marathon this morning. Wanted to hit 7:20 pace and finished with a 7:04 -- 1 hour 32 min. and change. Negative splits all the way, chewed up a hilly course and made smart pacing decisions.

And I wanted to die on the last 300 yards, so I know I didn't leave anything on the course.

I'm very happy. But now I've also got no excuses for not aiming a lot higher next spring.

Now that is cooking.  Congrats to you.

npaden

Set a weekly mileage record with 42.5 miles this week.  Already over 100 miles for October which makes the 8th consecutive month with over 100 miles for me!  They are slow miles, but they are miles!

Age: 50 Weight: 224 Height: 6'3" (Goal weight 195)

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)