2012 Goal of Sub 4:00 Marathon (Read 4210 times)

Turbolegs

Matt, Runningfirst - Welcome to the group and all the best for going Sub 4 this year .. it feels invigorating to look at the entire year up ahead and imagine all the possibilities that are out there, only waiting for us to go and get it done !! Smile

Am slapping together a 8 week plan to salvage whatever little i can before the Tokyo marathon on Feb 26th, but will continue the post recovery effort over a 14 week plan targeted towards July 1st Gold Coast Marathon. One tune-up HM in May last week already signed up for. Smile

How about the others here? Any sequencing of shorter races as part of the training plan?

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks to Turbolegs for the thread and a hearty GANBARE to everyone on the list. Now **Go!**!

fake it till you make it

Count me in. Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon 5/12/12.  Pie in the sky goal is <3:30, but sensible goal is <3:40. 

Is there a user group for this goal thread as well?  (If so, I just haven't found it yet, if not I could volunteer to start one).

This will be only my 2nd marathon. I spent last summer injured with ITB woes and haven't raced in nearly a year. Most of my racing and PRs are from my earliest days of running, so I'm looking forward to racing at lots of distances this year to see where I'm at.  I had been planning to use Pfitz 18/55, but I've also created a plan on the Lydiard site, so I may meld the two.

Good luck at Disney Rozzie- I've got many friends from my running group going there this year, so if you see people in Team R.E.D singlets watch out- they are a crazy fun group!

Jen

Turbolegs

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks to Turbolegs for the thread and a hearty GANBARE to everyone on the list. Now **Go!**!

Thanks Econo. Hope you have a great run in 2012  (pun intended !!). Smile You joining in here?

Turbolegs

Count me in. Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon 5/12/12.  Pie in the sky goal is <3:30, but sensible goal is <3:40. 

Is there a user group for this goal thread as well?  (If so, I just haven't found it yet, if not I could volunteer to start one).

This will be only my 2nd marathon. I spent last summer injured with ITB woes and haven't raced in nearly a year. Most of my racing and PRs are from my earliest days of running, so I'm looking forward to racing at lots of distances this year to see where I'm at.  I had been planning to use Pfitz 18/55, but I've also created a plan on the Lydiard site, so I may meld the two.

Good luck at Disney Rozzie- I've got many friends from my running group going there this year, so if you see people in Team R.E.D singlets watch out- they are a crazy fun group!

Jen

Awesome Jen !! Thats a pretty neat target to have right there. I am pretty sure there is a sub 3:30 thread for 2012 on RA ... let me see if i can find it, will post the link here if i do.

MTA: This didnt take long. Smile 3:30 thread is here.

goat runner

Sign me up!  Targeting a 3:45 at Kalamazoo on May 6th.

JML

Back for another shot at it.  Philly - November 18th

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

Maniac

Finally tapering in advance of my January 15th effort...Had a nice 16-miler this past Saturday.  What it told me was that sub-4:00 is going to be very tough.  We'll see what happens, though.

Best of luck to everyone!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Finally tapering in advance of my January 15th effort...Had a nice 16-miler this past Saturday.  What it told me was that sub-4:00 is going to be very tough.  We'll see what happens, though.

Good luck on the 15th, looks like you came close last year.  Either way you will have a good base for a fall marathon PR.

Turbolegs

You will do fine .. if the 2nd half of the course is not too different from the 1st half of the course, try and have an evenly paced race. Your long run on the 11th of December seems to have gone significantly better than the one on the 23rd, and i think in part, it could be because you didnt go out too fast and were having a very balanced run (assuming same route).

You have put in the miles,  now you should just go out and grab whats yours for the taking!!! All the best !!!

Christirei

Hi All! Just found this thread and wanted to be accountable to some people!  Smile  I have registered for my first marathon, the Go St Louis Marathon, April 15th. My goal is 3:45 and I have my first 18 miler this weekend! It's been fun to go back through the thread and read everyone's comments and encouragement!

Turbolegs

Hi All! Just found this thread and wanted to be accountable to some people!  Smile  I have registered for my first marathon, the Go St Louis Marathon, April 15th. My goal is 3:45 and I have my first 18 miler this weekend! It's been fun to go back through the thread and read everyone's comments and encouragement!

Welcome Christi !!! You have a very impressive log, all the more for being so consistent when being a mom-of-3 !! If my 2012 looks anything like your 2011 on that count, i would feel elated.

What training plan are you using for your first full Marathon?

@Rozzie - good luck on Sunday! - Let us know how it goes.

@Turbo - thanks for maintaining this thread. You can put me down for a 3:40 goal.

I have my first 20-miler coming this weekend. Fingers-crossed.

Wing

Joggaholic

I'll be running Austin on 2/19. Will try to shoot for 4:00 but likely fail (there's a remote possibility according to the calculators). More realistically I expect my time to fall in the range between 4:00 and 4:30 as a bell curve. Since it is still early in the year, I'll have a second chance for another race sometime in the fall. This will be my first marathon. About myself, I started running in 2010, quit after 4 months, probably got less than 100 miles in. Tried running again since last July and so far I'm still at it. Paying for an expensive race certainly helped keep me from quitting again since I'm cheap Tongue

Turbolegs

Rozzie ... 3 days to the start line .. hope you are feeling good about this one !! Have a cracking race .. wish you all the best !!

Wing .. welcome to the group !!