Guys-What are your favorite cold weather running pants? (Read 835 times)

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

I'm not really digging my old school baggy sweatpants.  

Feeling the growl again

I used to be a big fan of Sporthills, but they are now harder to find and not the same quality as they were 10-15 years agon.

I now wear a pair of Sughoi running pants.  They are tapered and more form-fitting than your baggy sweatpants and synthetic so they do not turn into sponges.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Someone cue mikeymike he is our expert on this subject!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

#artbydmcbride

I used to be a big fan of Sporthills, but they are now harder to find and not the same quality as they were 10-15 years agon.

I now wear a pair of Sughoi running pants.  They are tapered and more form-fitting than your baggy sweatpants and synthetic so they do not turn into sponges.  Smile

pictures?  Smile

Runners run

I normally don't like tights, but I have some Frank Shorter tights that are fleece lined that are wonderful. 

When it's really cold, I'll wear my Zone 3 (or what ever the coldest zone is) pants from Sporthill.

an amazing likeness

Link to a previous conversation on the topic. I'm not in the same mindset as Spaniel on the SportHill...I'm still a fan. But I am planning on looking at the North Face Windstopper Hybrid pant.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

John Rustle

^^^fussy biatch

Link to a previous conversation on the topic. I'm not in the same mindset as Spaniel on the SportHill...I'm still a fan. But I am planning on looking at the North Face Windstopper Hybrid pant.

Thanks for the link Miltruck, very helpful.  

Sugoi Firewall - best winter running pant I have ever had.

Steve

MrNamtor

I run in a pair of ralph lauren sweat pants from the early 1990's. They've never failed me yet.

Rusk Runner

pearl izumi select thermal running tights work for me.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Chasing the bus

I've been wearing my CW-x stabilyx since it cooled off, and added a pair of synthetic (I think Adidas) track pants over that down to 0F. About here I'll need another layer. Lusting for a pair of the CW-x insulators.

“You're either on the bus or off the bus.”
                        Tom Wolfe, The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test

If it's warm enough I'll just wear shorts. If it's a bit cool for that I wear running tights. Colder than that I wear shorts over running tights. A bit colder than that and tracksters over shorts. Very cold - tracksters over tights. 

(Not sure if "tracksters" means something the the US - they're tracksuit bottoms designed for running in, you can get them in different thicknesses.)

Asics Myles II: hard to beat the price, they'relightweight, reasonably breathable and wind-resistant, and no static cling in dry winter conditions.

But I run much more in my CW-X tights than any running pants.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

MrH

How cold? I have a couple of pairs of the basic light Nike Dri-Fit pants that I like. But I don't typically run in temps much below freezing.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

RagRabbit

Asics Thermopolis LT tights....our winter lows rarely get down to the mid 20's F.

I'd also consider others, such as Pearl Izumi....but would pick running tights over running pants.