best cross training ever is a... (Read 1190 times)

Prophet!

bouncy house...rented one of those things for my son's birthday party last Sunday. 20 minutes in there with the kids and it felt like i just ran a 20 miler...just can't keep up with the kids.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hubby once played on a trampoline with DS and a friend's kids...he must have been on there for close to an hour. He whined about how much he hurt for DAYS! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Got a birthday party this weekend with one of those. Maybe it'll be good hamstring work... Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Chris UK

One hour trampolining for a novice and your lower back will certainly let you know next day. ...and watch out for those bouncy castles they can be pretty dangerous - especially when the adults get on in force. <takes> Wink</takes>

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Maybe I will have to buy a bouncy house for my 8x8 foot background Evil grin
            2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

My bladder HATES those! I think I delivered too many children...2.
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                My bladder HATES those! I think I delivered too many children...2.
                OMG!! LMBO! Before I even scrolled down this far, I was thinking the EXACT same thing!!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You know what kept me from taking up running for so long...my post-pregnancy bladder. I had read that women with bladder issues should avoid high impact activities, including running...but I haven't really had any problems. In fact, all of the exercise and ab work seems to have helped those "leaky" muscles. k

~ Sarah Kay

First they created adult dodgeball. Why can't someone create those bouncy things for adults too?

Prophet!

First they created adult dodgeball. Why can't someone create those bouncy things for adults too?
                      they actually do have them for adults...much bigger in size..i've been to a party where they have one of those. Naturally you want to get your bounce on early in the party rather than later for health reasons.

You'll ruin your knees!

...you want to get your bounce on early in the party rather than later for health reasons.
                        Especially if other party-goers have "leaky" muscles Undecided Confused Shocked

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Especially if other party-goers have "leaky" muscles Undecided Confused Shocked
                          I'll give you a leaky muscle... *waves fist menacingly at Lynn*

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'll give you a leaky muscle... *waves fist menacingly at Lynn*
                            Since you talk about those T-Rex arms, maybe go with the kickboxing instead of the fist... Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Since you talk about those T-Rex arms, maybe go with the kickboxing instead of the fist... Tongue
                              Hey, I been workin' out...I'm gettin' guns.... You wants a beatin', too? Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

best cross training is ultimate frisbee whether or not you consider it cross training i love it

"Our workouts are longer than our shorts" SHS XC 2008