Racing in the rain (Read 1392 times)

xor

I'm sooo not clicking that link.

I clicked. He went to the trouble of posting it, after all. I chose not to delve into the site, though. I didn't want to see things I'd later wish I could un-see.

an amazing likeness

I like the variety in this picture at a Oct race start in driving rain. All bases covered from full-on rain gear, trash bags, arm and leg warmers, and the screw-it-just-shirts-and-short approach:

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Intentionally Blank

I just wear the same stuff I normally wear, and use more Body Glide.  Didn't help yesterday, though.  Yeowch!

xor

BTW, after Storm Monkey yesterday, I was shivering pretty badly.  Moral: no matter how you dress, have dry clothes waiting for you at the end.

The item that was completely chilling me?  The sopping wet calf sleeves.  As soon as I took those off... even though I stayed in shorts (so didn't cover my legs with dry stuff) I warmed up a lot.

Imminent Catastrophe

It really wasn't that cold but everyone was soaking wet and shivering. Imagine if it had been cold. Good advice-have dry clothes to change into because as soon as you stop running you will be cold very quickly, especially after a marathon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dry clothes after a race... always a good idea. Raining or not.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They do not make enough body glide for Wet Monkey.

Queen of 3rd Place

They do not make enough body glide for Wet Monkey.

Not to mention that one might not anticipate all of the new and interesting places where chafing may occur.

Dry clothes and Yazoo beer did help, however.  And pie. Pie fixes everything.

Ex runner

Not to mention that one might not anticipate all of the new and interesting places where chafing may occur.

Dry clothes and Yazoo beer did help, however.  And pie. Pie fixes everything.

Personally, I've always used cheesecake.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Interesting lubricants.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

bhearn

2 pi is even better.

Queen of 3rd Place

Interesting lubricants.

Fun with non sequiturs!

Ex runner