What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

So you are saying that kriek ≠ lambic?

You are doing a piss poor job of explaining?  Maybe you don't know what you are talking about?

I do know what I am talking about. Kriek is a cherry, so of course it isn't Lambic. 

I think I am going to go to Einsteins to pick up some Bagels.

xor

Einsteins to pick up some Bagels.

E = mc GOOOD.  Get me an egg one, yo.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Einsteins' serves "bagels".

Kriek is a well recognized style of Lambics and "Lambics" and Lambic-style beers.

Why is it sideways?

GETM.

lol

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Obviously, I am doing a piss poor job of explaining, so here.

Yes.  here contradicts many of the assertions you have made. Smile

Why is it sideways?

Trent, you need a beer!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pay attention.  I am drinking an Imperial Weizen.  That is like two beers in one.

Yes.  here contradicts many of the assertions you have made. Smile

I don't see the contradictions.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't see the contradictions.

Pay attention.  A small sampling:

many of the key yeasts and bacteria are now understood to reside within the brewery and its (usually timber) fermenting vessels in numbers far greater than any delivered by the breeze

Up to 86 microorganisms have been identified in lambic beer

Another important feature of lambic is that it is usually a blend of at least two different beers;

Lambic refermented in the presence of sour cherries (morello cherry) and with secondary fermentation in the bottle results in kriek

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

Except the Kriek I was referring to was the Cherries not the Beer and was what I was referring to when I said Kriek was added to a non-Lambic base (wort).

The key yeasts being introduced by the brewery itself would still be spontaneous and would most certainly require the Lambic being brewed in that region of Belgium.

The characteristic flavor of Lambic is given by Brettanomyces bruxellensis and B. lambicus.

If you know French and Dutch you can learn a lot more here.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I do know French and I have studied and drunk Lambics and "Lambics" for a couple decades, now that you ask.  And I have made them too.

I have no idea what you said or were trying to say in the rest of that post.

And this is necessary, but woefully insufficient: "The characteristic flavor of Lambic is given by Brettanomyces bruxellensis and B. lambicus."

xor

All I know is that I need coolin.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The key yeasts being introduced by the brewery itself would still be spontaneous and would most certainly require the Lambic being brewed in that region of Belgium.

many of the key yeasts and bacteria are now understood to reside within the brewery and its (usually timber) fermenting vessels in numbers far greater than any delivered by the breeze