First 10k PR! (Read 860 times)

RunningHammer

Just did a personal time trial for 10k in 48:04, about a minute and a half quicker than i expected to !! The final 5 miles (ok i know i'm committing the cardinal sin of mixing my measuring systems here!) was 2 minutes faster than my PB for 5 miles only set 4 weeks ago. This is fantastic as i'm hoping to run my first 10k event on Feb 4th in under 45:00 ! Woohoo !!!
    mikeymike

nice work!

Runners run

Now that was a bath...

That's fantastic. You are totally on track for making your goal. Hey I'm a Gooner you know. Lived in Highbury Islington for years and I am very fond of my boys. Claire xxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        RunningHammer

That's fantastic. You are totally on track for making your goal. Hey I'm a Gooner you know. Lived in Highbury Islington for years and I am very fond of my boys. Claire xxx
          Hi Claire Used to work in Islington for a while, i'm originally from Walthamstow - now on south coast. Shame you're a gooner...we got you 1-0 a few weeks back, Mr Wenger wasn't too pleased lol. A girl i work with is a gooner so i gave her plenty of stick! Wink Very nice new stadium for Arsenal though! (Did you know they don't play at highbury anymore?) Cheers Dave

Now that was a bath...

I knew about the stadium from watching the British news! The shitty thing about NZ is that because it's such a small country we don't generate much news so I watch the British news instead. We have British news 24 hours a day, Austrailian news 24 hours a day - and the Kiwi news is shown four times (breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening). There is so little happening here that the other day the top news story was a cat stuck in a tree that got lured down by a vegemite sandwich. Exciting stuff. I was gripped. Why can't we get involved in a war or something. Our border patrols are looking out for fruit smugglers. Seriuosly, we have fruit dogs at the airport and patrls on the beach counting how many shellfish people take (it's strictly regulated). Plus they are far too keen on rugby and forget about proper sport like football. Where did you work in Islington BTW? Don't tease me. I'll cry. It's bad enough that I don't get to watch a single game nowadays without cruel taunts from cyberspace. Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Davey, that's awesome! Hard work pays off! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats on you PR. What a wonderful holiday gift you have given to yourself. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
                  The shitty thing about NZ is that because it's such a small country we don't generate much news (...) the other day the top news story was a cat stuck in a tree that got lured down by a vegemite sandwich. Exciting stuff. I was gripped. Why can't we get involved in a war or something. Plus they are far too keen on rugby and forget about proper sport like football. Claire xxx
                  Oh, Claire, enjoy your small and beautiful country. I would rather watch a cat gobbling vegemite sandwich than constant stream of news about murders, fires, rapes and accidents. Our local news is overflowing with those. No wonder we have so many depressed people here. And I assume when you say football you mean that wonderful sport they play everywhere in the world but USA, New Zealand and Australia. I was born in Poland and would kill for a good football game. Ewa
                  I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Prophet!

Running Hammer, super awesome job. claire, i remember how little goin on that as down there news-wise an how i loved it. i was down there when they cut down the one tree on the one tree hilll...that was a huge deal. Or when the All Blacks play.
                    RunningHammer

Don't tease me. I'll cry. It's bad enough that I don't get to watch a single game nowadays without cruel taunts from cyberspace. Claire xxx
                      Just kiddin of course Wink The hammers aren't doing too well at the moment so i'm getting plenty of stick too...!!! I did a few weeks training in Islington when i was starting out as a Postman (which didn't last that long and was in about 1991!) so it was in the main sorting office there. Quite a big place as i remember in Islington High Street? Oh what i'd give for lack of news and somewhere quiet to live...sometimes there's just too much going on here, small bit of land crammed with too many people who seem hell bent on fighting each other! Roll eyes About a year ago i'd almost convinced my wife to emigrate to NZ, until she read something about volcanoes and earthquakes!! Damn the internet!! Wink Cheers Davey

Finished!

Congrats on the PR! *sigh* I'd love to emigrate to NZ!
                        Walk + Jog = wog.
                        I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                        I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry