First 20 mile run! (Read 866 times)

Seeing all of the accomplishments on the board is so inspiring, and I know to many mine today may not seem like much, but to me it is something I don't think I ever thought I'd be able to do - my first 20 mile run!  I'm training to run the Disney World Marathon in January, so right now I'm pretty geeked out that I knocked this 20 miler out.  It's especially gratifying because according to the training plan I was given, I was supposed to run a 20 mile run last weekend, however I was unsuccessful and I only did 16.  I was extremely disappointed, because the week before my long run had been 18, so I could not believe that I was going backwards.  To console myself I kept telling myself that I could have gone ahead and done 20 last weekend if I had really pushed myself, but the fact remains that I didn't - so today feels REALLY good to be able to do something that I had previously not been able to accomplish.  I ran the 20 miles in 3:15, and right now I'm floating on cloud 9.  Thanks for letting me share!

www.runawayseate.blogspot.com/

Carl A

Nice work. You're well on your way to (healthy) addiction!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

an amazing likeness

Wow, 20 miles!   Next time you're in your car, pay attention to how far 20 miles...hint -- its a long way.  You ran that.

Good stuff,  you're laying a great foundation for your marathon in January.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Nice work!

20 miles is a long way.......

Good job on getting the 20 miler in.  

This will probably help you finish the marathon fine. The only issue could be that your long run is about 75 % of your weekly mileage.  I never ran a marathon yet, but from all I read so far, the long run is only 1 part of the equation, the total weekly mileage, is far more important for a long, injury free, enjoyable running career. 

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Congratulations! That is a big deal!

TRUST THE PROCESS

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

20 miles is a HUGE accomplishment!  Even if you never ran a marathon you'd have run farther in a single run than many people do in an entire lifetime.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Plodder

Well Done.

I too hope to get to that point one day.

Today i did my first 10 mile run for a couple of years, am training for a half, the full monty is beyond me at the moment.

Aaron Heath

Nice work - and not a bad time either! Good luck with the marathon. I'll be running it too!
                      20 miles- that's a lot of miles no matter who or how fast.