oh how I miss the run (Read 592 times)

The last time I ran was 3/10 a 5 mile hell run the next day I had surg. on my knee. my mcl was fixed and some cart removed. cold not walk for tewo weeks. It's been a longgggggg month and week Sad today I jogged my first mile. happy but sad gone are my 15 mile runs Sad My docs keep saying another week... phys threp. helps but not fast enough. so if you can run get out there and run good. Just not in front of me Evil grin I just may ..... so how long should this knee take to heal?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Listen to whatever your doc recommends. My MIL had meniscus surgery a while back and did a bit too much, too soon and set her recovery back a bit. Better to be cautious than to run into complication. Knees are pretty important. Wink Hope your healing goes well and that you are back out there tearing up the streets in no time. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Bunny, I am assuming your MCl was completely torn. Usually, tears in MCL heal on there own unless off the bone. Recovery varies person to person and depends on aggressiveness of therapy, age etc. You will probably need to give yourself at least 3 months before you are fully back. Sometimes longer sometimes less.The fact you got out and ran 1 mile now is a good sign.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Bugs

Sorry about the injury. Be sure to ease into it. Before you know it you'll be spending all your free time on the roads, so for now enjoy the stuff you don't have time for when logging miles.

Bugs

I'm there with you (kinda). I just started my Phys. Therapy last week. I havent been able to go out and sweat in such a long time that when they acutally put me on the treadmill (and rushed me off of it after 5 mins because of pain), I was POURING with sweat. I felt soooo embarrassed. But at the same time it felt soo good. I totally know how frustrating it is to lose your mileage, I wasnt even up to much (6 or 7 at the most) and now i have to look forward to starting all over. I am totally bummed - I signed up for a few races that I have to walk now. You're not alone out there!!
              I go to see my ortho surg. today hope he gives me some good news!!!! Thanks everone Smile and for my hurt runners soon soon we shell run. Untill then The only sweat I work up is in my dreams Undecided