The example I'm setting for my kid really seems to be sinking in! (Read 1059 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This morning one of the teachers at my son's school (where he's doing daycamp a couple of days/week for most of the summer to keep him from climbing the walls with boredom) said that yesterday Dane started doing pushups for apparently no reason. They were amused (if you see his "form" you'd know why) and asked what he was doing. Between reps he said that he was doing pushups...because his mom works out ALL the time! Heh, I am giggling just typing this. Big grin And in 2 weeks he will be doing a "Tot Trot" for 3-6 year olds while I run a 10k. I wish I could see him run, but it will be fun to report our race results to one-another at the finish. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kudos to you! Smile I've been trying to get my sister and parents to exercise since like forever. Know of any other methods that will get them off their butts in double quick time?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...bribery...blackmail? Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Basically... run!

And in 2 weeks he will be doing a "Tot Trot" for 3-6 year olds while I run a 10k. I wish I could see him run, but it will be fun to report our race results to one-another at the finish.
          Pretty soon he'll be one of those kids passing me in a 5K. A 7 year old passed me near the end of my last race!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pretty soon he'll be one of those kids passing me in a 5K. A 7 year old passed me near the end of my last race!
            Yeah...I think he could probably pass me now in a 1 miler...in another year or two his 5k PR will almost certainly be better than mine. I think he's going to be built like my MIL...tall, thin, natural runner. Not a short, squatty thing like his mom. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

(high five's Zoom Zoom) Well done Mom!! I am still laughing over here!! Big grin I can relate too- my 7 yr old suddenly decided the other day (while we were installing bookshelves downstairs) that he was going to "workout". He went through one dvd two times and another one once. We actually had to tell him to stop because it was bedtime! I won't be running, but my kids (4 & 7) are planning on doing the 1/2 mile fun run at Fremont next weekend! We've been "practicing" around our 1/2 mile trail in the yard; they're all geeked! Cool
              shyrunner07

great job K! I can't wait to hear about your race experiences too! Big grin hannah keeps swiping my weights, so i gave her a couple that I don't use anymore...very light and padded too. She'll pull them out of her toybox and "exercise" when the mood strikes....Tongue
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hannah keeps swiping my weights, so i gave her a couple that I don't use anymore...very light and padded too. She'll pull them out of her toybox and "exercise" when the mood strikes....Tongue
                  Does she grunt when she lifts? That's what Dane does with his little 2 and 3# dumbells! Wink Hey, you and Hanna should do the CGF runs! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

pffffffft! bite your tongue! there is no way i would touch that whole madhouse with a 30 foot pole! Tongue I'm dreading the day when hannah decides she wants to do the carnival, parade, etc. ick. never ran the CGF, but judging by the previous race results listings, I don't think it'd be a run i'd enjoy very much....most of those people are the snooty Tiara mom/dads and townies.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

never ran the CGF, but judging by the previous race results listings, I don't think it'd be a run i'd enjoy very much....most of those people are the snooty Tiara mom/dads and townies.
                      All the more reason I'd like to kick some ass in that race--show those uppities that us white trash types rule! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay