Wow Holy road rage batman (Read 1522 times)

Gotta TRI

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
    dennrunner

I'm glad, too.  But there is still a wide variance on penalties given for offenses against cyclists.

http://www.mountainx.com/news/2009/former_asheville_firefighter_gets_4_months_for_shooting_cyclist

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd love to see him lose all driving rights for the rest of his life.  Let him get around by bicycle and see the world from the side of the guys he could have killed.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/news/l-a-road-rage-doctor-gets-five-years_102274

This is pretty scary. Glad he was convicted.

I never understood why an ER doctor, somebody who took an oath to protect lives, would act in this way.  It embarasses me to the core.

xor

An interesting side note to this thread is that the news link in the first post is the same company that runs the rnr races.  Ok then.

Road rage sucks.  One of my bus drivers at Disney was yelling at traffic and making fun of "stupid people".  Didn't seem like he was in a bad mood... that's just how he dealt with traffic. I would think that if one is susceptible to road rage, then 'bus driver' might be a poor choice of occupation.

TJoseph

The sad part is that it was not the first time he pulled that stunt.  They didn't decide to pursue the first incident until the second tragedy happened.

Doctors are people and a percentage of them will be sociopaths like the rest of the population.  There was recently a news story about a pediatrician in Delaware that accused of being a pedophile and the Fort Hood terrorist was a psychiatrist.

Ostrich runner

I'm glad, too.  But there is still a wide variance on penalties given for offenses against cyclists.

http://www.mountainx.com/news/2009/former_asheville_firefighter_gets_4_months_for_shooting_cyclist

That was a problem with either the jury or the prosecutor it looks like.  The practice of law in WNC is...interesting.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

I'd love to see him lose all driving rights for the rest of his life. 

The article said he did.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

The article said he did.

Plus five years in the Big House and lose his medical license.  After that, he'll get sued in civil court for money damages.  He's toast.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

keeponrunning

They should make him an example of what will happen if you pull stupid stunts like that...honestly, way too many get away with it.  No matter if you are walking, cycling, running, or driving the speed limit (yes, i DON'T want a ticket...surprise, surpirse), it always seems that someone is getting mad at you and pulling stupid stunts.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

A Saucy Wench

I never understood why an ER doctor, somebody who took an oath to protect lives, would act in this way.  It embarasses me to the core.

god complex? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I had a similar incident occur to me while riding my fixed gear. I was lucky enough to stop. When I came along side the person, they told me that I didn't belong in the road (called me a cracker too). The sad part is that people don't know the law. Many states have laws making it illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk, and in my opinion they don't belong on the sidewalk. Someone riding at 20+ mph  definitely should be in the road. Also, it is unsafe for a cyclist to be on a sidewalk, since no one is looking for them crossing the road at that speed. Anyway, when I told someone I knew about this, they told me I was over reacting, since I said it was attempted murder.

it is illegal to do tricks in some cities...

$50 fine for doing a wheelie

No fancy riding!

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

All Things Considered on NPR covered this story recently:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120457877#commentBlock

I read through some of the comments and they were heated.  Both motorists and cyclists think the other side is a menace.

Feeling the growl again

I gave up road cycling years ago because I came to believe it just wasn't worth the danger.  I agree with some of the comments on the NPR site -- while I was more than willing to do some things to help lessen my impact on auto traffic, like staying to the right of the lane, I eventually stopped doing this and blocked the whole lane when necessary to preserve my own safety.

Too many drivers in general pretty much think their concerns are all that matters -- whether it's cyclists or other cars.  These are the same people that pull out in front of you, fly to the front of an ending land and stop up traffic by trying to squeeze in, etc.  It's only accentuated when cyclists are involved.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills