What the hell is a "5K Foam Fest" (Read 305 times)

xhristopher

I just got a reply:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for contacting us! This is a good question! Our Foam Fests courses change and vary depending on location. So no, this would not make us certified for you to compare times. Sorry, I hope this answers your questions! If I can help with anything else, please let me know!

Codie Russell

Foam Master 

How shall I respond?

I'm thinking about asking if how long a 5K usually is, if the foam has any saponification value, or when the foam that needs to be put back in my run was actually lost? Was that after I finished my regime of rabies shots?

However you respond, make sure it's with exclamation points! And I would ask to speak to his boss, a senior foam master! Or foam master manager!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      xhristopher

However you respond, make sure it's with exclamation points! And I would ask to speak to his boss, a senior foam master! Or foam master manager!

Good points!!! SOME CAPS here and there may help ensure I'm taken seriously too!!!!

SillyC

I'm thinking about asking if how long a 5K usually is, if the foam has any saponification value, or when the foam that needs to be put back in my run was actually lost? Was that after I finished my regime of rabies shots?

Ask if participants need to shower beforehand!

Also, here's the CDC's investigation report from the foam party that caused some eye injuries..... that might be helpful.  I don't know where you're going with this.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6233a5.htm

And a medical journal article:
          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23132449

Good points!!! SOME CAPS here and their may, help, ensure I'm taken seriously too!!!!

Corrected for context-appropriate spelling and punctuation.

MTA: Your welcome.

joescott

Good points!!! SOME CAPS here and there may help ensure I'm taken seriously too!!!!

Give yourself a title.  Like "Foam Journeyman".  Or make yourself an MD or an esquire or something.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I have a foam machine!!!, need to fix it and buy another of those (to cover both sides of the road) and start charging people to run the loop around my house, which conveniently is a mile. I can have an aid station at the quarter mile point (buddy's house), and another one at the .4 mile in case anyone gets dehydrated running up that 20 ft hill.  Folks just have to gut it out the .6 miles back, but they'll have foam waiting to cool off and refresh. May have to check with the HOA, but I am sure If I donate some of the money to charity they would not be heartless enough to decline. Anyone know what does Soap that goes in the machine cost? and where do I buy it? What should I name this event?  Will shoes make it more or less slippery? Will adding a confetti cannon make it more marketable (another friend has this)? Should I start a new thread for all these questions?

DaBurger

... Should I start a new thread for all these questions?

You know the rules, only one question per thread allowed.

Know thyself.

Anyone know what does Soap that goes in the machine cost?

Using drain cleaner instead of soap is a) cheaper; and b) guarantees tons of post-race news coverage.

Joann Y

If you are no longer foaming at the mouth from the rabies is it okay for you to run the race? Knowing that you may be at an advantage from your rabidity but pretty sure that you are no longer infectious and won't byof. Is that okay?

Quote from xhristopher on 3/10/2014 at 2:29 PM:

I hope you get a reply from that kiddo.  (I mean "Foam Master!").    If well thought, it could be quite a good back-n-forth conversation.   I wonder how many times you can get a reply from him before he realizes you are pulling his chain.    Take the challenge!  -- I'm going to say you can get 4 very enthusiastic responses before he catches on...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

SillyC

I just watched the video on the Slip N Slide from this link.  It's really creepy.

http://5kfoamfest.com/Home/Obstacles

henryc

NOW Save 10!!!

Save Money

NOW Save 10!!!

-- I know a great way to save $ 70.00 :-)

-------PS.   I thought they said it was a Foam Fest.   The pictures make it look more like a mud-fest.   Wonder how many of the young guys signed up after they saw these pics of hot chicks in mud....

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Kalsarikännit

"What’s the tough dodger?"

"Oh, it’s a triathlon, but with dodgeballs.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9MKRQ-xh0A

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart