Tupelo this weekend? (Read 462 times)

JakeKnight

Anybody else running Tupelo on Sunday? Other than the usual suspects?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, good idea. When is it?
        71 degrees and 97% humidity at 6am. Shocked what exactly is that like?

Jennifer mm#1231

Good luck, folks. Run well.
            I enjoyed that race. Not my best effort since I've been nursing my left knee for the last month and practically did no running whatsoever. Of course this morning I'm hurting and walking down stairs was a dicey situation. I was kind of sad that there was some Natural Light in the beer bin. Other that that, it was a great race.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Get Gone, I was down there as well. Hot and humid! I ran some miles in the 20s with a woman from Jackson, MS. I was just jogging the thing off of no base or specific training, but enjoyed the suffering. I also enjoyed the cool shirt and medal! Congrats on your run! Conditions were tough all around.
                Usually I give my medals to my kids to play with, but I think with this one, I'm keeping. The shirt is cool. I'll do this one again. Hopefully next year it'll be the marathon and not the 14.2 Miler. That was my original plan until my knee decided not to cooperate. I didn't think the weather was too bad, but the rest of my group did.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I spoke with the RD after. Apparently a lot of folks converted to the 14.2.
                    I ran along side an ultramarathoner for awhile and she was debating the whole time about whether to make the turn around or just go for the 14.2. She was sweating so much that she was leaving footprints. She settled for the 14.2...in my opinion that was a good choice for her.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I almost never become dehydrated and I believe that is why I slowed substantially in the second half. Good news is that I was able to rehydrate while moving slowly and recovered enough to finish with some effort. How long were you out on the course?
                        I finished in about 2:20. I was pretty well hydrated before hand but still drank at least 2 cups of water at every aid station. I ran Chicago last year and am very well aware of what can happen when you get behind on your hydration. Not a lot of fun. I didn't get into a danger zone, but my pace did fall off like your report of your experience and it's hard to get caught back up.