ironman (Read 818 times)

I want to give one to boyfriend as a gift. But, I'll probably use it too.  Amazon has a few different models.   Anyone have one they like?  I'm thinking the easier the better..

- Anya

Try one with the interval timer.  I have no use for the alarms and occasions on my running watch but mine does not have the interval feature.  Never thought about it when I bought the watch a year ago.

thanks.  there is one that says it's unisex, I guess I'll get that one. It has all the bells and whistles. 

I just hope it's easy to use.   

- Anya

Be careful with the small faces in some of the Timex Ironman watches (I assume that's what we're talking about).

There are some that are too small for me to see while I'm running..

My wife has one that is impossible for her to see because the face is too small.  (And she doesn't like the larger face watches because they look too manly... oh well.... )

Also, I would get one with at least 50 laps (rather than the 30 or 10 lap options).  I like to hit the split button every mile (on treadmill) or on the road at given locations to help me understand my splits on a "there & back" route.

I've had issues with my current Ironman Road Trainer.  My band has broken twice in about 6 months.  Timex was great in providing a replacement band within about 5 days without any expense to me.  Very responsive.  But still a little frustrating that the band has been breaking.

MTA:

this is what I have: http://www.timex.com/b/2229238011 (model#: T5K211FS)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Be careful with the small faces in some of the Timex Ironman watches (I assume that's what we're talking about).

My wife has one that is impossible for her to see because the face is too small.  (And she doesn't like the larger face watches because they look too manly... oh well.... )

Also, I would get one with at least 50 laps (rather than the 30 or 10 lap options).  I like to hit the split button every mile (on treadmill) or on the road at given locations to help me understand my splits on a "there & back" route.

I've had issues with my current Ironman Road Trainer.  My band has broken twice in about 6 months.  Timex was great in providing a replacement band within about 5 days without any expense to me.  Very responsive.  But still a little frustrating that the band has been breaking.

MTA:

Good info, thanks!!!

- Anya

I have a "Women's Timex Sport Ironman Sleek Watch", which I like because it fits nicely on my little chicken wrists.  The band on mine doesn't appear to be cracking after a year or so like some of the amazon pictures, but ymmv as always.  

MTA:

.... update: My current Ironman Road Trainer (as mentioned in my previous post), broke again...

Yesterday, the band broke, after having about 6 - 8 weeks without any incident.  (a little bit frustrated...)

However, Timex was great (as they always have been), and have decided to ship me a new band in the mail (for free).

I think that there's something wrong with the model that I have.

(I swim with it, and it could also be the exposure to the clorine)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

jeffdonahue

I like mine - though I've had it a while and dont remember what exact model it is.  It has a dual interval timer, so you can set it for a 3 minute interval, with one minute rest or something like that - very useful.  Mine also has the capability to control my ipod.  You put an attachment on the ipod and then use the buttons on your watch to control the volume or scan up to the next song.  I havent used it in a while but it was a cool feature for longer runs when you hit a song you dont like, you can still keep your ipod in your pocket and then just use your watch to skip past it.