32nd Running Anniversary(4/22/08) and Just went over 66,000 Miles!! (Read 946 times)

I think you out ran Forrest Gump. Nice!
    I was probably one of the few who cried when Forrest stopped running--I had to leave the theater. Wink Nick

The Greatest of All Time

I was probably one of the few who cried when Forrest stopped running--I had to leave the theater. Wink Nick
      So is that 66K since 1977? Your beard must be hella long by now. How you don't trip over it while running I will never know.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        So is that 66K since 1977? Your beard must be hella long by now. How you don't trip over it while running I will never know.
        66k since 4/76. I found the beard caused too much wind resistance-it was history in a hurry.Nick
        Ringmaster

Nick, I started running in August of last year and aim to do it for a lifetime. In fact, I'm seeing a sports doc today to make sure the knee pain I'm feeling isnt' something serious and I'm okay to keep running. Advice from runners like you makes me remember that I'm not just training for my next 5k but for a lifetime of running. Thanks for the post!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

The Greatest of All Time

66k since 4/76. I found the beard caused too much wind resistance-it was history in a hurry.Nick
            Think you might be able to flip the odometer?
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Non ducor, duco.

WOW.

Another Passion

Congratulations, Nick. Both most impressive milestones.

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com