Beach to Beacon? (Read 510 times)

PWL

Has been

I know there aren't too many people from my part of the country, but is anyone else running the Beach to Beacon in Cape Elizabeth this year? It's a week from Saturday. The wife and I are running--looking forward to it! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

My wife and I are also running it, as we do every year. Last year, we moved just far enough away that it wasn't worth training on the course ahead of time, and I was worried about that 6th mile. It was all right though; the hill remembered me! I'm just hoping I manage to get an elite number. I've been in the top 100 3 years running, have beaten plenty of people with sub-100 numbers, and last year was in the 60 range. I don't see it happening, though.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

PWL

Has been

Hmmm....sounds like we won't be bumping in to each other on the course during the race. Good luck!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Beach to Beacon Tips - #1 is to remember to pick up your bib and chip today or tomorrow, since you can't get them race day. Next Wednesday, run with the elites...of course, this is the only week for the back cove 5k series that I'll be missing.

Run to Win

PWL - how did you do yesterday? They wound up giving out 155 elite numbers instead of just 100 this year, which was nice. It was good to be able to move around before the race, and get food immiediately following the race. I was about 20 seconds slower than I wanted to be at my top end, about 30-40 seconds below where I realistically had hoped to be. I went out way too fast. My gun time was 35 point. Race Report

Run to Win