Getting out there in the weather (Read 892 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

I have to admit that I bailed on a run the other day because it looked like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDBL6wQy3l0&feature=related

Ex runner

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Once you take that first step, you're good.

I always bail before I get out from under the covers.

I bailed on this morning's run in the rain only because of a bloody nipple after 2.5 miles. Damn body glide did nothing. 

Feeling the growl again

Once you take that first step, you're good.

I always bail before I get out from under the covers.

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jfa

No bad weather. Just bad clothes.

ilp

I bailed on this morning's run in the rain only because of a bloody nipple after 2.5 miles. Damn body glide did nothing. 

THis is why I wear compression shirts (or really fitted/tight) now for any 3+ mile runs, enough bloody nipples for me.

ilp

No bad weather. Just bad clothes.

+1.

Also, removing decision making wherever possible is helpful. Resolve so you have no choice. Ran 2:08 this morning and a big helper was a friend waiting for me at the start. Didn't want to let him down! It was and is raining and 38F.

Re. Bloody nipples. I agree that tight compression shirts work well. I have also found that a big gob of Vaseline is quite effective. It tends to stain however. I have a rotation of running shirts that all have suspicious looking stains around the chest. ( band aids don't work for me.)

Queen of 3rd Place

Awww, poor babies, bloody nips. Roll eyes Try wearing a freakin' bra when you run and see just how many places you can chafe! 

Ex runner

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Awww, poor babies, bloody nips. Roll eyes Try wearing a freakin' bra when you run and see just how many places you can chafe! 

Smile

steph  

Maggie & Molly

exactly what I was thinking. Joking

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Why not lose the bra? I run commando with no ill effects.