Birthday madness!!! (Read 620 times)

Well Sunday was my birthday and I did some crazy stuff. I started the day off with a fast tempo8.5 miles then ran 8.5 again at noon. I followed that by 8 after dinner, and 8 more before bed. I maintained a good pace and overall good vibes. It was a good way to spend my birthday. I turned 33 and the miles added up to 33. Anyone else out therre do anything interesting like this before?

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

Another Passion

Ok, then. Um, happy belated birthday! Here's to at least 67 more... think you'll be up to 100 at 100? Big grin

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My friend Ian likes to run at least 1 mile per year on his birthday, although he usually does it all in one go. That wouldn't be so bad (he's an ultramarathoner in training for his second 50 miler and his first 100 miler) except that his birthday is in January - and he lives in Maine. It can be hard to plan a 30 mile run around the weather up here at times. This year, he wound up doing it a week and a half late.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran a mile for ever 5 years I've been alive today--7 (I turned 35 today)! The weather sucked, but I HTFUd and did it! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I ran a mile for ever 5 years I've been alive today--7 (I turned 35 today)! The weather sucked, but I HTFUd and did it! Big grin
            That's the truth... the weather did/does suck. Sad Way to go Zoomie and... Happy Birthday! Big grin

Rick

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ooooh. Maybe I should run 38 miles on Sunday.... Just sayin.

Another Passion

I wonder if my dad will run 67 tomorrow? I'm thinkin' no. Specially since he has more metal in one of his knees than I do in my toolbox. Roll eyes

Rick

Big Chicken!

Last month I did 26.2 on my 35th birthday. That was the longest distance I'd ever gone in one shot. Is that good enough? It was fairly warm and quite humid. And not once did I actually see Mickey Mouse.
                  Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
                    oh oh...looks like I best be ramping up the mileage if the goal is to run a mile for every year of age....maybe I will just settle for 1 for every 10...or better yet...1 for every 25 Big grin
                      Shouldn't it be H'dTFU Tongue Happy Birthday Zoom-Zoom, hopefully you replaced the burned calories with cake Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

oh oh...looks like I best be ramping up the mileage if the goal is to run a mile for every year of age....maybe I will just settle for 1 for every 10...or better yet...1 for every 25 Big grin
                        Yeah I'm looking at a double marathon in about a month Shocked Shocked

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Last time I did this was at age 41... 41 miles. More impressive was a guy I met while we were running a 100K a few weeks later. IIRC he was within 2 weeks of his 65th birthday, and of course he was running a 62+ mile race. I think he got 1st place in the masters division. I did my birthday run around a hs track that was 1/2 mile from home. That made it easy to go home for restroom breaks. Gino