The whole Boston jacket thing (Read 1785 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

So can I buy Boston Marathon douche?

Y'know, I don't usually buy douches, but that one I might.  Only if I earned it.

xhristopher

Y'know, I don't usually buy douches, but that one I might.  Only if I earned it.

You might also consider it if your dog is ever sprayed by a skunk.

"Over-the-counter douche will remove skunk smell from dog. For small to medium pets, mix 2 ounces of Massengill with 1 gallon of water. For large dogs, double the amount of Massengill and water. Pour the mixture over your dog. Let it soak for 15 minutes. Then wash him with his regular shampoo and rinse thoroughly."

Scout7

By Apollo's unwashed speedos, you people are dumb.

How does Boston compare to other marathons?

If Boston ranks as "harder" than the marathon you are attending, then by all means wear the jacket.

If Boston ranks as "easier" than the marathon you are attending, then wear it only if you want to be teased and called a little sissy nancy-pants.

Buy the jacket if you want and have the cash.  Otherwise, don't do it.

Personally, I don't buy commemorative anything, because I am not sentimental at all, and I am dead inside.  What the rest of you do doesn't really affect my decisions in this regard, so have it.

And now I want to change my screen name to Little Sissy Nancy-Pants.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Scout7

I triple-dog-dare you.

That's right, I committed a serious breach of etiquette by skipping straight to the triple-dog-dare.

A Saucy Wench

It's really a shame Scout is dead inside because I so frequently find myself with a tiny little crush.  Which says something pretty twisted about me I am sure. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kalsarikännit

It's really a shame Scout is dead inside because I so frequently find myself with a tiny little crush.  Which says something pretty twisted about me I am sure. 

+1

Crap.  You beat me to it.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I chose to buy the black addidas Boston jacket (it has a hoodie and thumb holes) because it's not loud and unless you are right in front of me and looking at it, you can't tell it's a jacket so I wear it all the time during runs in the winter. The neon green volunteer jacket I got that year I USEd to wear during the winter until I got hit by a car. Now the joke is when I wear it (only when it's really windy during the winter) is that I'm looking to get hit by a car. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TripleBock

Exactly what he said -

Personally, I don't buy commemorative anything, because I am not sentimental at all, and I am dead inside.  What the rest of you do doesn't really affect my decisions in this regard, so have it.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

#artbydmcbride

That would go nicely with your sweet avatar.   Smile

Runners run

boston jacket

Why wouldn't you want to wear a Boston jacket? I'd wear that thing anywhere, and throw chowda in anyone's gawdamn eye who tol me I was a nancy.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

boston jacket

Why wouldn't you want to wear a Boston jacket? I'd wear that thing anywhere, and throw chowda in anyone's gawdamn eye who tol me I was a nancy.

Winner.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I triple-dog-dare you.

That's right, I committed a serious breach of etiquette by skipping straight to the triple-dog-dare.

Never one to back down from a triple-dog-dare,my spine stiffened, my lips curled in a defiant sneer.  There was no going back now.  I stuck my tongue out and moved ever closer to the "My Information" page ... only to discover a 16-character field limit!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

bhearn

"Sissy NancyPants" is close enough, isn't it?

Imminent Catastrophe

boston jacket

Shouldn't that jacket say "Red Sox" on it?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016