Lowest Bib #? (Read 735 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just got #12 for my 15k race tomorrow (I registered as soon as I first saw online registration was open). I am so geeked! 12 is my birthdate (2/12) and this race marks a pretty important milestone for me. A year ago I ran my very first race--the Chronicle Seaway 5k. Tomorrow I will be running at the same location, but starting 10 minutes later and in the longer event. Last year I felt like a noob and now I feel confident...I have already raced 2 10 milers, a HM and a 25k, so a 15k is a relative piece o' cake. As of tomorrow I really feel like a seasoned runner, even though I am still a relative newbie at this whole thing. AND the race shirts are awesome...sea turtles with wings. Someday I want a little running turtle on my ankle with "zoom-zoom" below the little terrapin. I'm feeling really psyched for tomorrow...and the forecast is looking perfect (low 60s at the race start and likely low 70s by my finish...and full sun). Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AND the race shirts are awesome...sea turtles with wings. Someday I want a little running turtle on my ankle with "zoom-zoom" below the little terrapin.
      I love me some terrapins! I went to Univ of Maryland, and our mascot, Testudo, is a Terrapin! Weather looks perfect - have a wonderful race tomorrow!!
      2009: BQ?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Weather looks perfect - have a wonderful race tomorrow!!
        Ooh, the temps are looking even better, now...start of 55º and finish about 10º warmer...ahhh.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Good luck tomorrow! Have fun with it too - smile for the camera as you cross the finish line. Cool

Michelle

Prophet!

As of tomorrow I really feel like a seasoned runner, k
            and you haven't even raced yet...maybe you should take a shower...hey wasn't there a thread about 'seasoned' runners somewhere... Anyway, good luck with the race...kick butt...do a cartwheel at the finish line.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

and you haven't even raced yet...maybe you should take a shower...hey wasn't there a thread about 'seasoned' runners somewhere... Anyway, good luck with the race...kick butt...do a cartwheel at the finish line.
              Hmmm...I was never very good at cartwheels, but perhaps I could do a round-off. I think you just wanna see what's underneath my skirt, though... Wink Seasoned...I did shower, but salt will be on the menu after the race. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

by the way 104 is my lowest bib number Smile
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was a really nice race...perfect weather, cool and sunny. I was a bit slower than I would have been if Eryn had been there (we push each other pretty hard), but I was also kind of tired from having my mom and nephew here and my diet has been BAD all week, so given all those factors I think I did pretty well. I think my chip time was probably ~1:34:30 or so--results should be up in a few hours. I love how well organized the event is. I do wish I'd had my iPod, though. By a mile or two in I was kind of running alone...very spread out field back where I was and most other racers had headphones on, so I would have liked having my tunes. Had the numb feet from about 30 minutes in until the 50 minute mark. Ran into this during my last 2 runs, so it's quite predictable. Very odd, but I am almost certain it's chronic compartment syndrome. I haven't had this much in a while, but it's pretty common for me during races and I had it during my last two runs. I think the effort is a factor. I had some lower leg tightness, but not too much pain...then my feet go numb for a bit, stay numb, then gradually feeling comes back and I'm good to go. Weird. Race results still aren't up, but I'm pretty sure my guesstimated time is right about on. One thing I didn't like about today's race is that there were no mile markers. It was only at the 8 mile mark that I saw 8mi spraypainted on the street. And there were water stations at least every 3/4 of a mile. I don't think they were at actual mile markers...made it very hard to know what my pace was. I've never wished I had a Garmin in a race before, but today it would have been so handy. I had hoped to run <10 minute pace, but i know i didn't do that...without knowing where i was at from mile to mile i could only guess at my pace. i'm not too upset, though. i figure it's not a bad thing to take it easy for my first race of a given duration/course. i took my 25k this spring easy, too. now next year i will have a pr that will be a breeze to beat. and by next year i hope to have at least a basic garmin forerunner...knowing that there are no mile markers on this race and that i really like the race itself makes me want to kick butt next year--with or without tangible mile markers. minute="" pace,="" but="" i="" know="" i="" didn't="" do="" that...without="" knowing="" where="" i="" was="" at="" from="" mile="" to="" mile="" i="" could="" only="" guess="" at="" my="" pace.="" i'm="" not="" too="" upset,="" though.="" i="" figure="" it's="" not="" a="" bad="" thing="" to="" take="" it="" easy="" for="" my="" first="" race="" of="" a="" given="" duration/course.="" i="" took="" my="" 25k="" this="" spring="" easy,="" too.="" now="" next="" year="" i="" will="" have="" a="" pr="" that="" will="" be="" a="" breeze="" to="" beat.="" and="" by="" next="" year="" i="" hope="" to="" have="" at="" least="" a="" basic="" garmin="" forerunner...knowing="" that="" there="" are="" no="" mile="" markers="" on="" this="" race="" and="" that="" i="" really="" like="" the="" race="" itself="" makes="" me="" want="" to="" kick="" butt="" next="" year--with="" or="" without="" tangible="" mile=""></10 minute pace, but i know i didn't do that...without knowing where i was at from mile to mile i could only guess at my pace. i'm not too upset, though. i figure it's not a bad thing to take it easy for my first race of a given duration/course. i took my 25k this spring easy, too. now next year i will have a pr that will be a breeze to beat. and by next year i hope to have at least a basic garmin forerunner...knowing that there are no mile markers on this race and that i really like the race itself makes me want to kick butt next year--with or without tangible mile markers.>

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is getting super annoying...results are STILL not up!

~ Sarah Kay

So since this was your first 15k it's a PR right off the bat? Sounds like you had great weather and a fun race once your feet un-numbed. Nice job Zoomy and have fun on vacation.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?