Does Garlic Help To Improve VO2max? (Read 1068 times)

Scout7

Jake, Eric, Gorilla, friend. You do know that putting an email in your siggy will make it so much easier for this particular wild child to send you poetry the next time that you disappear from our sights. Wink I have just the verse in mind.
    And what about your dear brother?
      Still working on the seven minute mile, yes. http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/116833306/
      Abstract More than three thousand publications in the past have confirmed the efficacy of garlic for the prevention and treatment of a variety of diseases, acknowledging and validating its traditional uses. Garlic is also used for the treatment of fatigue, although the mechanism involved remain unclear. The anti-fatigue function of garlic may be closely related to its many favorable biological and pharmacological effects. In animal studies, garlic has been shown to promote exercise endurance. Differences in the methods of processing garlic result in differences in the intensity of its anti-fatigue effect, and the most favorable form of processing has been shown to be extraction of raw garlic followed by its natural aging for a long period in a water-ethanol mixture. In human studies, it has been confirmed that garlic produces symptomatic improvement in persons with physical fatigue, systemic fatigue due to cold, or lassitude of indefinite cause, suggesting that garlic can resolve fatigue through a variety of actions. Recently, primarily in Japan, attempts have been made to measure the intensity of fatigue objectively and quantitatively using biomarkers. Currently available data strongly suggest that garlic may be a promising anti-fatigue agent, and that further studies to elucidate its application are warranted.
      Scout7

Leeches are used to treat disease. Maybe they can help you get to your goal. Suck the slowness outta you. Perhaps you need to sacrifice a chicken. Santoria may be the answer.
        C-R

Scout, I sacrificed a chocolate bunny before my last HM but it didn't work. I'll try the chicken next time. Thanks for the idea. Hope the others at the start line won't be too put off by it. Confused

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Scout7

Scout, I sacrificed a chocolate bunny before my last HM but it didn't work. I'll try the chicken next time. Thanks for the idea. Hope the others at the start line won't be too put off by it. Confused
            I suggest stopping at KFC to get the chicken.
            C-R

Look at Scout bustin out the "Major League" themes. I have another idea - I will keep a small Jobu talisman around my neck and leave an offering of rum and a cigar in my locker. That should help me go faster or at least hit a curve ball.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Scout7

Paint your shoes black, too. And keep them warm. Hats for shoes. And when you get to the start line, tell Jobu that if he doesn't help you run fast, you're done with him.

A Saucy Wench

Garlic gives me gas anyway.
                  AhhhHAH! It isnt V02Max that is improving...they are just using jet propulsion...

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

I can almost guarantee that if you swallow a heap of garlic before a run, most people aren't gonna be wanting to run anywhere near your breath!!! So you'll either be waaaaay in front, or everyone will be passing you so they don't have be running downwind Big grin
                    LOL. Fish oil pills are also not pre-run funny.

Bugs