Does your family support your running? (Read 1715 times)

Michelle: I'm really glad to hear that. A little communication is sometimes all that's needed. Between "species," it can be hard though. And easier said than done as an outsider. ... he still stands firm on the "moderation" theory. I told him that we'd have to come to an agreement on what that means for each of us. Um, just tell him, moderation means you won't be taking up ultras.
    Thank you. Sometimes when life is hectic we forget how to communicate properly. A lesson has been learned. Yes I started telling him about an ultra relay that I was invited to join...then I saw the look on his face and quickly told him how I declined the offer and wanted no parts of it. Although, it did sound really cool. Blush Smile

Michelle

Jill_B

I fly.

Heck yeah! My Husband is very supportive and goes out of his way to make sure that I can run as much as possible (sometimes it's not possible, but he tried). My Dad has never missed any of my marathons even though for the Flying Monkey he had to drive 16 hours straight through the night to be there. Of course my Dad is a runner, so that plays into his insanity. My younger Brother is also a runner and is very supportive. On occassion he'll slow down and run with me. My kids are supportive too - my older son (3 1/2) tells me to go run sometimes. The baby doesn't care yet, but I can tell he's proud of me (he's 4 months old today, so maybe he's just happy to be fed). My Mom is also supportive, although she's more interested in the fashion end of running. Actually, that's not true, she's very supportive. My in-laws are always finding races in interesting places and trying to convince me to run there so we can make a big family vacation out of it. So yes, I'd say my family is supportive.

Bring it on.

Krisruns

So this morning I shared with my husband that I had just finished the week with more than 30 miles, including an 8.65 mile run which is long for me. This is the first time I have run more than 30 miles in a week, and my mileage is up about 40% over the last two years at this time. Without taking his eyes off of the computer, he said, "great," but he wasn't really paying attention. Usually he is somewhat interested, but today was a total letdown. And this is typical in my family, because if you're not a runner you just don't understand why these personal goals are important. But then, I woke up my 10 year old son. He opened his eyes, looked out the window, and said, "How far did you run today?" I almost teared up!! I told him the same news, and he was so genuinely pleased for me. Made reaching this milestone all that much sweeter!