Mizuno Wave Inspire (Read 443 times)

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Hello,

I had been wearing some Mizuno Wave Inspire 6's and loved them, so comfortable and everything. Now I have some Nike Lunarglide 3's and they are perfect, soft and plush, however I get some weird bilateral ankle pains. So, does anyone know of some Nike's similar to the Wave's?

Not all those who wander are lost - JRR Tolkien

B-Plus

Are you particularly married to Nike now? Did you fall out of love with the Inspire? If not, why don't you try the latest model?
      cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Are you particularly married to Nike now? Did you fall out of love with the Inspire? If not, why don't you try the latest model?

I absolutely love the Nike+ software and I want it as accurate as possible. I use the Sportband that you wear on your wrist and sync with a pod in the sole of your Nike+ shoe. I've tried the pod pouches but they are 10-20% innaccurate vs my Nike+ shoes that are ~2-5% out of accuracy. 

I do not and to be honest, man, if you are really comfortable in the Inspire, you may be hard-pressed to find a pair of Nike's that suit you.

The Inspire are a really good fit for me and the Nikes tend not to be.   You may be trading off a good fit for the benefits of the Nike + technology.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Can't go wrong with Mizuno imo. I wear the Wave Rider and Precision primarily. Switched from ASICS this year just love both shoes.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Troy.

Performance > data collection.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

I think I may have said this wrong haha

I was wondering if there were any Nike shoes like the Mizuno Inspires, I have the Lunarglides and I love them, but are they similiar at all? I can actually now attribute my ankle pain to tendonitis from trying to do too many miles too soon, so I believe I need a more stable shoe.

I am in no way trying to choose the Nike+ log site over a better shoe, I just believe that there is a shoe perfectly fine for long distance made by Nike, I just don't know which.

Troy.

I can actually now attribute my ankle pain to tendonitis from trying to do too many miles too soon, so I believe I need a more stable shoe.

On what are you basing this belief? Is this a medical diagnosis?

I am in no way trying to choose the Nike+ log site over a better shoe, I just believe that there is a shoe perfectly fine for long distance made by Nike, I just don't know which.

And on what are you basing this belief?

For sure, if I switched shoes and started having ankle pain, I'd switch right back to what I was wearing before, no matter what the technological bells and whistles.

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

On what are you basing this belief? Is this a medical diagnosis?

And on what are you basing this belief?

For sure, if I switched shoes and started having ankle pain, I'd switch right back to what I was wearing before, no matter what the technological bells and whistles.

A: I have had chronic diagnosed peroneal tendinitis.

B: A shoes a shoe, people have been running for thousands of years without em and definitely in different brands now a days

C: I had ankle pain just the same in the inspires, it just started flaring up so I thought i'd start shopping around cause my Lunarglides are reaching end life

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I'd stick with the inspire and buy a Garmin!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Troy.

B: A shoes a shoe, people have been running for thousands of years without em and definitely in different brands now a days

Remind me what this thread is about again?

cbennett926

Trust Me, Im an Engineer

Remind me what this thread is about again?

If there is a Nike shoe like the Mizuno Wave Inspire, that's all haha

cmb4314

Is it possible that your ankles hurt because of the lack of support?  From my understanding, the LunarGlides are a less supportive shoe than the Inspires.   At least, that is my impression since the Inspires are enough shoe for me, and I'm a pretty serious overpronator (my holy grail shoes are Brooks Adrenalines)

If that is the case, you could try the LunarEclipse.  They are a step up in support from the LunarGlides.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Troy.

Well, I'm not sure if you'll find a Nike that fits the bill, but I'd bet you can find a Mizuno. Smile

A: I have had chronic diagnosed peroneal tendinitis.

C: I had ankle pain just the same in the inspires, it just started flaring up so I thought i'd start shopping around cause my Lunarglides are reaching end life

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but if you had the same ankle pain in the Inspires...perhaps they are not the shoe for you either.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek