Teva Karnali Wraptor Sport Sandal (Read 1215 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

tevas make your feet stinky...but not as bad as birkenstocks...
    I think the Keens have some sort of anti-microbial foot-whiff treatment, so that should help.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Prophet!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha! For YEARS my parents got on me about my political views
        I took sort of a similar journey, but in reverse. My parents have always been Dems, but my first presidential vote in '92 was for Bush I. Surprised I think it was part rebellion against parents, part weak-mindedness, and part ultra-left-hyper-PC run so amok at Michigan that I voted Red. Plus, I just thought Bush I seemed more capable, and although Perot would have been a laugh a minute ("Here's the deal, see. In the time it's taken Jeff to write this post the deficit has gone up by 3 million dollars. That's just sad!"), it seemed like throwing a vote away. When I got away from school, I started thinking on my own and moved left. Though I will say this, I would definitely take Bush I on foreign policy in a heartbeat over his son.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the Keens have some sort of anti-microbial foot-whiff treatment, so that should help.
          My Tevas were supposed to have something like that, too, but I think it's just marketing. I'm not sure they actually have anything to control stink. Or maybe I just have horrendously stanky feet. Hmmm...maybe that's why the Crocs don't work on me--excessively sweaty feet... k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I took sort of a similar journey, but in reverse. My parents have always been Dems
            Yeah...I was raised Baptist and got sorta brainwashed by the youth ministry at our church as a kid. I used to be way right, now I'm pretty much midway between center and far left. And I married an atheist...

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, have you tried either sandal yet? I must say that after a few days in the Keens I am in heavy duty LOVE! They feel so much like running shoes on my feet and have really grippy soles. My arches actually feel pretty good when I have them on, too. They are definitely ranking up there with my Danskos in terms of foot happiness! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, have you tried either sandal yet? I must say that after a few days in the Keens I am in heavy duty LOVE!
                Really glad to hear it! Wasn't able to make it to the "sandal store" this weekend, so maybe next weekend. Mighty tired of the current Birkenstocks, so hopefully I can close this deal soon. No one has the Teva in yet (b/c it's so new), so it's Keen or bust (but from the sounds of your experience, probably not bust).

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Zoomie -- Well, I finally made it to the store to try on some Keens. And guess what: I think Keens are keen! I loved the feel of the footbed so much compared to my current (and rather old) Birkenstocks and flip-flops that I decided I wasn't leaving the store empty-handed, even though they didn't have the model I wanted. Shocked I went with the Newport in the waterproof leather. Same footbed as the Venice H2 (which is what I think you got). Plus, I can almost pull off the "wear 'em with my khakis to work look." Toe guard has already saved my from considerable pain and embarrassment. Thanks for the recommendation!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...I'm so glad you like them--I still LOVE mine! And the bestest part is that I can throw them in the wash when they get stinky and/or dirty. Did once, already, and they came out looking and smelling brand new! I need to wash them again, as it has been so dry and dusty here, so they are kinda grubby. I find that wearing them for long walks is wonderful...like wearing running shoes. The bottoms are really grippy on rocks and sand, too. Perfect Summer shoes. k

~ Sarah Kay