runs don't show in Facebook? (Read 78 times)

backarc

It seems as if I'm not succesful in linking my runningahead an facebook accounts.

I can see the runs, but even new runs don't post in my timeline.

I tried to link/unlink/link again with several OS and Browsers.  I tried different settings for the audience (public, friends, friends only).

Nothing helped so far.

Is this a known issue?

Is this my issue?

Or do I need a specific setting when saving the run? Currently I use the Garmin plugin to upload runs on runningahead.com. The runs then show on both runningahead and the facebook app. But only for me, not for my friends.

Thanks for any hint!

Gruss from Neuss

backarc

huw.richards

I'm having the exact same problem (uploading logs from Garmin Forerunner).

The final tab in the Facebook app "Preferences" has a button "Publish" which when clicked returns to the same "Preferences" tab with nothing changed.

Any advice?

Feeling the growl again

Is this a known issue?

Yes.  Facebook keeps changing things, the issue is on their side.  Sometimes mine post...sometimes not...sometimes with the comments, sometimes without them.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Docket_Rocket

I've never been able to post them on my timeline but I've always thought it was my issue.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Feeling the growl again

I've never been able to post them on my timeline but I've always thought it was my issue.

Somewhere there is(are) thread(s) where Eric has described this in detail; I'm sure the search feature would bring them up.  He has tried in the past to fix this but each time he does, they change it again, IIRC.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, I read some of them.  I always thought it was me and never blamed it on FB.  They keep changing things weekly.  Very frustrating.

Somewhere there is(are) thread(s) where Eric has described this in detail; I'm sure the search feature would bring them up.  He has tried in the past to fix this but each time he does, they change it again, IIRC.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page