More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

SubDood

I'm in -- 13 miles yesterday, temps rose from 9 to 12 deg F during the run. Had I gone much longer, the temps might've surpassed my distance and I'd have to ask for a special ruling ...

Maybe it's too easy for us in the colder regions -- I saw 100 miles with high temps in the 70's. That is much, much more impressive than anything I'll do this winter!

Is there a way to cross-link to the "frozen junk" thread?

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

52.5 miles  Mean temp 50F L39  H 62 ---12 hour race

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Christmas Day - 5 degrees F, 10 miles.

(Late - I could have sworn I posted this at the time, but evidently I logged my run but forgot to post here.)

MTA:  So, runnerclay, try to beat double miles than degrees, showoff!  Just kidding, >50 miles is amazing.

Shall we revive this thread? I'm in...

My most extreme More Mile Than Degrees was two weeks ago. The temp was -3 and I ran 4 miles in it. My MP3 cables and my goggles froze!

Yesterday I ran 2.5 miles in 0 degrees.

So, 9.5 points? Right?

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

SubDood

Today: 16 miles, 3 degrees F. Hated it. Froze everything. Icicles on eyelashes and eyebrows, frozen lips, frozen ___, etc.

From now on, I'm not running outside unless it's at least 15 degrees F. I'm in Minnesota and I'm supposed to be able to handle this, but today's experience was enough for me.

I officially resign from this club. Kudos to the rest of you!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Seeing this thread made me realize that I qualified today-sort of. 19F when I started, and I ran 19.1 miles. It was probably 20 ten minutes into the run, too.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I qualified last weekend in Hilton Head. Roll eyes

Liz

pace sera, sera

bhearn

Oh yeah... 100 miles in max. 70 a couple weeks ago.

Hey, fellow chilly-willies! Since I posted a while back I now have a total of 29.5 "More Miles Than Degrees" points.

The chilliest was -7 with -20 windchill. Brrr.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hey, fellow chilly-willies! Since I posted a while back I now have a total of 29.5 "More Miles Than Degrees" points.

The chilliest was -7 with -20 windchill. Brrr.

Yikes, there's a points calculation for this?  That's beyond my ambition, I'm afraid.

Yikes, there's a points calculation for this?  That's beyond my ambition, I'm afraid.

Well, it's really just a way to make sub-zero running "fun".  For every mile over zero degrees, we get a point. My 29.5 is over the course of a month or so.

rundwoods

I think living in Minnesota makes training for spring marathons a challenge because you have to embrace the cold or stay indoors all winter. Yesterday I did 20 miles in 4 degrees. On 1/1/13 the Polar Dash half marathon was run in -7 degrees, which was the coldest I've run in and probably would not do anything colder than that.

I think living in Minnesota makes training for spring marathons a challenge because you have to embrace the cold or stay indoors all winter. Yesterday I did 20 miles in 4 degrees. On 1/1/13 the Polar Dash half marathon was run in -7 degrees, which was the coldest I've run in and probably would not do anything colder than that.

Brrrr! I ran just few miles in -7 a while back...it hurt. Your are tough.

SubDood

Hi neighbor. Just looked at the "courses" portion of your running log -- I used to do my runs at Medicine Lake, so we've probably crossed paths a few times. However, you are a much tougher Minnesotan than me. I'm getting to know my treadmill pretty well this winter.

rundwoods

Hey SubDood - Don't get me wrong, as you see by my log I spend most of my time on the treadmill. I do try to run outside at least once a week. If you were ever at Medicine Lake in the early evening or Saturday mornings there's no doubt we crossed paths a few times.