Total Mileage including alternate workouts? (Read 562 times)

I have a question that I'm not sure if it was covered earlier or not. I do quite a bit of alternative training (hiking, etc.). Let's say I go for a 12 mile hike, created the new entry type, etc. I am a member of a group and when you look under the total distance/time, there is a big fat 0. Is there a setting that will total all of the mileage from the various workouts or is that a pipe dream? Thanks in advance for your help!!!! Bill
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Well, if by "total of the mileage" you mean all workouts incl. swimming/biking, that's comparing apples and toasters, so you probably don't want that. As a workaround, what I would do is customize your run types and make "hiking" one of them. Then, hiking miles will be included in your running totals. Go to Options-->My Log Preferences-->Workout Types: Running Good luck, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Jeff, Thanks for the reply. No sooner then did I hit 'Post' did I come up with the same solution. I had the exact same discussion with myself that you did about comparing the different disciplines. Thanks again!!!
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
        eric :)

Hi Coach, Are you referring to the reporting page in the groups, or is this for your personal log? eric Smile