long run mileage jump (Read 2009 times)

Hey Mikey needs more than one sentence to get his point across.    

Definitely not advising anyone (especially someone who is much faster than me), just trying to explain a sore point.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Does logging an ever-increasing number of miles make you faster than you were?

Here's hoping.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

mikeymike

I'd guess that many of them weren't capable of running 10mph.

Were most of the kids in your high school missing a leg?

Runners run

L Train

And now look at me...a fully growed up man who can run a sub 2:50 marathon.

Sure you can.

mikeymike

Sure you can.

Well, I could, as recently as 9 months ago, anyway.

Runners run

Were most of the kids in your high school missing a leg?

Well, let's just say that my high school wasn't known for excellence in athletics! Big grin

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out

Marylander

I'd guess that many of them weren't capable of running 10mph.

There's a big difference between "capable" and the effort many are willing to put in when unmotivated. Stick something big and scary behind them (junk yard dog, mountain lion, etc), set it loose, and there would be very few high school kids who could not break 10 mph, by a lot.

Zortrium

There's a big difference between "capable" and the effort many are willing to put in when unmotivated. Stick something big and scary behind them (junk yard dog, mountain lion, etc), set it loose, and there would be very few high school kids who could not break 10 mph, by a lot.

Hey, there've been occasional mountain lion sightings in Rancho San Antonio.  Maybe going out alone on the trails for 20 miles is just what I need to work on that 5k time...

Why is it sideways?

Hell when I was 23 I had never run longer than 10 miles in my life and I would have thought twice about trying a 20 and I had been a track runner in high school.  And now look at me...a fully growed up man who can run a sub 2:50 marathon.

When I was 23 I'd never run farther than 16 miles in my life, but I'd run 15:09 in the 5k and 4:17 in the mile, so yeah. I imagine I coulda eked out a decent marathon as well, had I thought marathoning was at all interesting.

well there is a big difference between running 10 miles in an hour and running 10 miles per hour for 22 seconds.  My guess is most teens can run a hundred meters in 22 seconds.  of course the mountain lion can do it in 7 seconds so that's kind of moot. 

MrH

well there is a big difference between running 10 miles in an hour and running 10 miles per hour for 22 seconds.  My guess is most teens can run a hundred meters in 22 seconds.  of course the mountain lion can do it in 7 seconds so that's kind of moot. 

The mountain lion is usually disqualified for running out of its lane.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

"run" "2" "eat"

i'm confused. where does the jumping come into play? are you on a pogo stick? please clarify. tnx.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

The mountain lion is usually disqualified for running out of its lane.

true.  the mountain lion usually goes 2 meters and stops for a snack in the adjoining lane. 

MTA: lion!

"run" "2" "eat"

true.  the mountain usually goes 2 meters and stops for a snack in the adjoining lane. 

was it on its way to mohammed?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

i'm confused. where does the jumping come into play? are you on a pogo stick? please clarify. tnx.

I believe that was a typo and the question should have been long jump mileage run.  most long jumpers probably don't run more than a few miles in total each day.  they spend more time doing strength and quickness work.  occasionaly with lions.