5 miler (Read 302 times)

kateruns

I have a race coming up soon! Any tips for achy calves?

Thanks!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

#artbydmcbride

The Stick, or a foam roller.  Massage those calves

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

No cold stretching!  Only stretch those calves (and everything else) after a nice easy warm-up.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

kateruns

Thanks this is helpful!

One-legged calf raises using a Smith machine. My balance doesn't work without the Smith machine, but it's probably better if you can just use a free barbell.

Better I Leave

Not much to offer, but I saw this and just had to comment. You know I love my free weights, but having a Smith machine is great. I love my Smith machine and I use it all the time.

One-legged calf raises using a Smith machine. My balance doesn't work without the Smith machine, but it's probably better if you can just use a free barbell.

Nasreddin Hoja

Ever since I read that warm muscles are less likely to get sore, I've been wearing long underwear bottoms on run days, when it's below freezing. Seems to work.   I'm sure the guise at the gym think I'm a wimp.

Compression socks, massage, and calf raises! I do them off the edge of a stair.

Ever since I read that warm muscles are less likely to get sore, I've been wearing long underwear bottoms on run days, when it's below freezing. Seems to work.   I'm sure the guise at the gym think I'm a wimp.

I wear running tights when it's considerably warmer than freezing!