Back in my day... (Read 492 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Smartwool socks were actually worth $15+/pair.

Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Loves the outdoors

That clearly looks like a construction issue - they aren't finishing off the seam properly. Have you considered emailing that pic to the company and seeing how they respond? 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That clearly looks like a construction issue - they aren't finishing off the seam properly. Have you considered emailing that pic to the company and seeing how they respond? 

That's exactly what I think I will do.  I have a couple of pair of this sock and they're all doing it.  I've had some of my PhDs do similar, too.  At least those tend to wear out in the toes before the cuffs tear off, though.

~ Sarah Kay

NYCNorma

I'm new to SmartWool socks and you guys sound knowledgeable about them.  I have one pair that I've worn on half a dozen runs or so.  Are they meant to be super tight-fitting in the toes?  They're not totally uncomfortable, but I'm unable to spread my toes in them.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm new to SmartWool socks and you guys sound knowledgeable about them.  I have one pair that I've worn on half a dozen runs or so.  Are they meant to be super tight-fitting in the toes?  They're not totally uncomfortable, but I'm unable to spread my toes in them.

None of mine are super snug.  I'd probably go up a size if they're overly tight through the toes.

~ Sarah Kay

I have 1 pair of Smartwool socks still. It is the pair I bought a million years ago - the pairs I got recently shredded after just a few runs. I won't buy them anymore. Fits Sock now, I swear, they are what Smartwool used to be!!!

That's depressing Zoom, because those look cute.

Ojo

I have contacted them before and they will replace them.  The problems is that they replaced them with the same pair that I then wore through equally as quickly.  Evil  This is why I don't wear Smartwool for running anymore.

Sara

MM #2929

NYCNorma

None of mine are super snug.  I'd probably go up a size if they're overly tight through the toes.

Okay, thank you!

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Smartwool socks were actually worth $15+/pair.

This has been my experience exactly. All my newer ones have gotten holes within 6 months. I've stopped buying them, but I haven't found a decent replacement for a sock that rides the line between something that doesn't turn my feet into puddles and something I can wear to work...

Village people

Hmm? I haven't tried them but I have a pair of Darn Tough socks and I like them.