Who are you? (Read 1057 times)

"It is in the last week that I have noticed that here in England the evenings are drawing in and it will soon be impossible to venture into the woods for a run after 8.30pm without a headtorch and definitely not 30 minutes before sunset..."

You fall over, injure yourself....

Who are you?

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

sluggo

John

It is 8:20 in Massachusetts now and it has been dead dark for at least 20 min. 8:30 is sounding pretty good!

Odd choice for your post title/heading. Why did you choose it?

John
      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

There have been a spate of injuries at my club when runners have been out on their own, trips and the like where they have not been able to complete the training. There was the death of the runner near where to I live and nobody knew who he was or were able to contact his  loved ones until he was reported missing by them and the Police could put 2 and 2 together.

The title heading was a reference to the point that the Emergency Services will ask "What is your name?" or "Who are you?" for that very reason.

I just wanted to highlight that we take it for granted that if we fall over is there someone that other people can contact to help us  and a lot of people don't carry ID.

MTA: changed grammar

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

8:35 here in West MI...still a bit light, but by 9:30 will be pitch black...won't be long before it's mostly dark at 5:30.  I miss that longest day when we are still faintly light at 10pm.  As the days start growing noticeably darker I really feel the dread of Winter setting-in.  This last one seemed never-ending and I'm not looking forward to the end of warmth and sunshine.

As far as ID I never leave home without my Road ID.  I have the velcro wrist model.  I also have my hubby's cell and work #s as the first 2 presets on my cel.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sluggo

John

As far as ID I never leave home without my Road ID.  I have the velcro wrist model.  I also have my hubby's cell and work #s as the first 2 presets on my cel.

I like RoadID too. I like the ankle version. I even wear it to work b/c I have epilepsy and I want people to know how to reach my wife or daughters.

I feel terrible that a runner died in your area. I am sure it is a shock. I wonder if you can get something like RoadID in the UK.

John

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I miss that longest day when we are still faintly light at 10pm.  As the days start growing noticeably darker I really feel the dread of Winter setting-in.  This last one seemed never-ending and I'm not looking forward to the end of warmth and sunshine.

+ 1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

+1

5:00 am and about to head out for a morning run, slept in this morning.

I like RoadID too. I like the ankle version.

Get off my porch

Oh roo roooo!

My husband made me get a RoadID several years ago when I started to do a lot of biking, being gone several hours at a crack.  We had no cell phone then; not sure what made me feel it was OK to not bring ID w/me, I guess just stupidity.  Now I never leave for a run or ride w/o the RoadID.

Sadly I run most mornings at 4 AM when nobody is really out and have a road id but I do not wear it.  Thanks for the thread I will try to remember to grab it for tomorrow mornings run. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
                    sluggo

John

Hello,

If you are interested - I checked with the RoadID folks. They can ship to the UK.

Their international shipping charge is as little as US $2.49. You can place the order online at www.RoadID.com.

You can also preview all of our shipping options at: https://www.roadid.com/Common/GeneralShipping.aspx

John