JakeKnight? (Read 809 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I did not see your name on the list of Rocket City registrants. Are you planning on registering this evening? There is no race day registration you know. Wink
    JakeKnight

Wish I could be there, chum. I truly do. If only to leave you far behind once again, wallowing in the agony of defeat (and da feet). Run fast. Whatever you run, just subtract 3 minutes, and assume that's would I have run. Let me know how I do. I'm hoping for a PR. Cool Good luck. Trip Sam for me. And stay warm. It looks like tomorrow morning may make last year's seem warm. Bet you run it mighty fast, as long as the monkeys are off your knees and back. So what do you think about Knoxville on April Fool's Day? Little Rock, maybe? Atlanta in March? Or should I just keep ducking you?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sunny. No wind. 25 at the start, 40s at the finish. My legs felt like somebody had recently monkeyed with them Wink I got a 4:05 and missed you. There were 15 monkeys there ! Sam? Don't ask. Dang knee. Sheesh.
        JakeKnight

Sunny. No wind. 25 at the start, 40s at the finish. My legs felt like somebody had recently monkeyed with them Wink I got a 4:05 and missed you. There were 15 monkeys there ! Sam? Don't ask. Dang knee. Sheesh.
          I thought about you guys Saturday morning. Went out for a run and it was really beautiful. I was jealous. 15? Wow. That's amazing so many showed up so soon after that hard run. Very nice job on the 4:05, especially after all those marathons. What's your PR anyway? (And where's your log, dammit?) Are you finally gonna take some time off? I want you fresh for our rematch. Cool Did Sam completely throw her knee out again or what? That really sucks. I can't imagine being in that good of shape, all except for one annoying body part. Must be frustrating as hell.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Actually, 16 ended up at the race, and 2 had to pull a DNF. There was another who dropped before the monkey due to an injury and then had to DNF @ RC. Sheesh. I was pleased with my 4:05. I have gotten my PR time twice this year, 3:50 at French Lick and Toronto. My log is still on another site. It will transition somewhere around 1/1/7. And time off? Yes. Finally. A light week this week and then a few weeks in the 20s. And then perhaps I will work again on speed. Sam is way frustrated. Sheesh.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JN, for you - Why are there so many songs about monkeys and why do they fly so high? Monkeys in visions, are they only illusions? And do they have something to hide? So weve been told and some chose to believe it, but I know they're wrong, wait and see Someday well find it, the monkey connection: the winged, the runners and me. Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on the morning star? Somebody thought of that and someone believed it and look what its done so far. Whats so amazing that keeps us star gazing? What so we think we might see? Someday well find it, the monkey connection: the winged, the runners and me. All of us under their spell. We know that they're probably magic. Have you been half asleep and have you heard monkeys? I've heard them whispering my name. Are these the sweet sounds that called the young joggers? I think they're one and the same. I've heard it too many times to ignore it. There's something that I'm supposed to be. Someday well find it, the monkey connection: the winged, the runners and me.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Jim Hensen is rolling in his grave....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Kirsten - you make me laugh girl! Where do you get these images from! Claire xxx
                • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                  JakeKnight

JN, for you - Why are there so many songs about monkeys
                    Very nice. An old favorite of mine. But somehow better now. I promise to run your race next year if you put the lyrics to music and have it sung by a choir, right before the race. Better yet, sung a capella by the crew at each aid station. Now that'd be funny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten - you make me laugh girl! Where do you get these images from! Claire xxx
                      http://images.google.com/

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay