Does the Garmin Forerunner 10 have a lap button? (Read 243 times)

Right on Hereford...

Hah! I appreciate your fighting the good fight, Joe.

Do you think there is any chance of a software update that might give is just one screen with time / lap time?

I have the 110, and that's my biggest complaint with it...lack of any sort of lap time display.

Maniac

I still have never run a race with a GPS. But I plan to in the future. In the last bunch long races I've run, I found myself going to other people's (usually BadDawg's) logs looking for my mile splits--that's largely what prompted my sudden interest in GPS watches after not really feeling like I had much use for one for the longest time. I will likely just display time and distance and let the watch collect all the splits for post-race geekery and for that purpose I will probably still use the FR10, not the 210 since the display is simpler.

So here's my question....Well 2....1) Can I upload the FR 10 to RA and 2) When (if) I do, does it break down my time and pace for each mile like it does with my 305?  I really like being able to see the visual of my pace slowing precipitously near the end of long runs/marathons.  Always entertaining.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2014:

Run multiple marathons

Run an ultramarathon (Crown King Scramble in April)

Stay healthy

day after day sameness

1. Yes.

2. Yes, the FR10 has auto-lap just like your 305.

Coming from the 305, recommend you look at the FR210...the 210 has a few more functions than the FR10 for not all that much more $.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

So here's my question....Well 2....1) Can I upload the FR 10 to RA and 2) When (if) I do, does it break down my time and pace for each mile like it does with my 305?  I really like being able to see the visual of my pace slowing precipitously near the end of long runs/marathons.  Always entertaining.

Yes and yes.

Runners run.

Coming from the 305, recommend you look at the FR210...the 210 has a few more functions than the FR10 for not all that much more $.

I have a concern about battery life.  The 305 is a work horse, and during one race lasted well over 10 hours.  I read this article, and if I'm understanding him right, it will only last about 8 hours at a time if in full use the entire time. And I assume it gets better coverage in trees, etc., than the 305 (trail running)?

Off the cuff, I think the 405 was the "upgrade" that was give to me as a gift a couple of years ago.  Never lasted longer than 5 hours (which doesn't work when you're training runs are longer) and died after only 2 years.  To say I was unhappy with it is an understatement.  Glad I wasn't the one who spent money on it!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

2015 Wish List:

April 4 - Peterson Ridge Rumble (40m); June - A 50k somewhere; July 25 & 26 - Lake of Death 24 Hour; October 10 - Dick Collins Firetrails 50; January 2016 - Ordnance 100k (dream a little dream . . .)

"The farther you go outside, the farther you go inside." (Unknown)
            Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzi

I have a concern about battery life.  The 305 is a work horse, and during one race lasted well over 10 hours.  I read this article, and if I'm understanding him right, it will only last about 8 hours at a time if in full use the entire time. And I assume it gets better coverage in trees, etc., than the 305 (trail running)?

Off the cuff, I think the 405 was the "upgrade" that was give to me as a gift a couple of years ago.  Never lasted longer than 5 hours (which doesn't work when you're training runs are longer) and died after only 2 years.  To say I was unhappy with it is an understatement.  Glad I wasn't the one who spent money on it!

Leslie
              -------------

2015 Wish List:

April 4 - Peterson Ridge Rumble (40m); June - A 50k somewhere; July 25 & 26 - Lake of Death 24 Hour; October 10 - Dick Collins Firetrails 50; January 2016 - Ordnance 100k (dream a little dream . . .)

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzi

day after day sameness

I can't (factually) comment on max running-time battery life on the FR210, Leslie -- I've never run it out.  Anecdotally-speaking, I've done 4 or 5 hour +/- runs without recharging it, and it showed 1/2 battery life on the little battery gauge on the display.  I generally turn it off between runs, and don't use the backlight all that much while running (because the backlight turns off so damn quickly!).

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Thanks ~

Has anybody had experience with refurbished 305s?

Leslie
                  -------------

2015 Wish List:

Ultrarunnerpodcast

Trail Runner Nation

Fatozzi

Best Present Ever

But, man, how hard would it have been to make one of the six available screens be Time/Lap Time? It's such a no-brainer to me that I didn't even think about it. Any chance that could come as a software update? Three of the possible displays include calories. Calories??

But hey, all in all it looks like a great package of features, simplicity, size and price.

So I just acquired a 10 for $50 (someone got two GPS watches as presents, sold one).  I came here looking for the same original question as Mike, and had the same reaction when I used it this morning.  Calories???  why on earth would anyone want to know the calories burned while they are running?  I like that it's small and relatively minimal, but really wish it displayed lap distance/time/and or pace.