Independence Day (Read 550 times)

va

Since I started running in August, I have run in one of three places: 1. at the high school track, 2. on a trail with mile markers, 3. on a treadmill. What is the common thread to all of these places? It is the ability to know how far I’ve run. Once I started logging on RunningAHEAD, keeping track of the miles I ran became even more important. Well now that I have a Nike + iPod sport kit, I am liberated. I can go wherever I want. Today, I left the main marked trail, I ran through miles of unmarked trails (not on any map), spontaneously, picking the route as I went. I was free! What a great feeling!
      This is just howI felt when I got my Garmin. I started exploring new neighborhoods, new trails, new area without wondering if I will have time to measure my run and if I will remember all the turns I made and all the names of the streets I ran. Isn't technology great? Ewa
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm eyeballing that kit, as well. I know there are some shoe pouches for using the transmitter with any shoe, so I need to look into that some more. I LOVE my iPod and that kit is relatively cheap. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

I'm eyeballing that kit, as well. I know there are some shoe pouches for using the transmitter with any shoe, so I need to look into that some more. I LOVE my iPod and that kit is relatively cheap. k
          I like my ASICs running shoes, so I got the Shoe Pouch.
          mikeymike

I like my ASICs running shoes, so I got the Shoe Pouch.
            My friend just duct tapes it to the side of her Asics.

Runners run

va

Here is a good summary of all the ways you can attach you iPod sensor to a non-Nike shoe: http://podophile.com/2006/11/30/nike-ipod-shoe-hack-and-sensor-accessory-round-up/ They mention the duct tape idea.