Garmin battery care (Read 165 times)

Best Present Ever

I have a 210 I'm having charging issues with, it doesn't want to charge and when I get it charging it doesn't hold a charge.

Of course it's out of warranty so trying to decide weather to send it in and pay the money to fix or just buy another.

they don't send you a your unit back fixed, they send you a refurbished unit.  I've had bad luck with the refurbs -- they have a very short warranty and I had one die within about 3 months.  I'd gotten injured while the Garmin was out, and had only used it a few dozen times when it died.  My only option was to pay and get another refurbished unit.  I just bought a new one.

joescott

I have to scrape off both the unit and charger of my 201 whenever I charge it due to corrosion, but it's not a big deal.

Dude, how's the 8-track working in your Chevelle?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Dude, how's the 8-track working in your Chevelle?

So, Spaniel has my Meatloaf "bat out of hell" 8-track. :-)

Gator eye

they don't send you a your unit back fixed, they send you a refurbished unit.  I've had bad luck with the refurbs -- they have a very short warranty and I had one die within about 3 months.  I'd gotten injured while the Garmin was out, and had only used it a few dozen times when it died.  My only option was to pay and get another refurbished unit.  I just bought a new one.

Doop...... After a 20 minute wait on the phone I just gave the guy my CC number for a refurbished unit.  Oh well I'll send it in and give it a try,

Maggie & Molly

what about replacing the battery?  my garmin 405 is 3+ years old and has never had any issue until my last couple of runs.  thing dies in just 2 or so miles into the run.  hubby wants to try to replace the battery rather than buy a new garmin.  thoughts?  (oh and I always plug mine in after every run and leave it on the charger until the next run)

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
            Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363