Looking for interesting cross training ideas? (Read 1653 times)

I look my best blurry!

Does this count?  Any more good ideas?

SMART Approach

You don't need your arms any more toned. Those are heavy gloves. I think you figured out all forms of cross training!

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

keeponrunning

That looks like fun...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am a glutton for punishment and may try my hand at cyclocross this Fall.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I understand you can have someone beat you about the head with your mountain bike, as appropriate training for that.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I understand you can have someone beat you about the head with your mountain bike, as appropriate training for that.

Good thing I don't have a mountain bike...but I am starting to seriously eyeball some 'cross bikes.  Gotta beef-up my arm muscles some, too.

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

You are crazy!  I thought you were worried about wrecking in bike races?  Looks like you are trying to increase your chances of making this happen.  Or are you planning to just carry your bike and stay out of the way?  You go girl!  

BTW I drank beer this weekend!  It's true!  (If you knew me better you would know what a big deal that is)  It was a Corona.  Someone offered me a lime and I said "No thank you" and thought of you.  

keeponrunning-It was a blast!  I kicked my little sister's butt!  She was asking for it!

Tchuck-my next photo I'll be more buff than you!  You better work out an extra hour tomorrow bud.

flatland mountaineer

5 stories of stairs on our new grain bin  for the hills of Bolder Boulder.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Corona...icky! Wink  Have you had Blue Moon?  One infamous RAer didn't really like beer (except Miller Lite) *cough* Mississippi *cough* until she started drinking that.

The thing about falling in cyclocross is that it's on dirt and not while moving super fast.  That doesn't scare me too much.  Wrecking during a road race is what terrifies me. 

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

Hey!  I've seen this before.  You've been doing this for awhile!  You must have the butt of a billy goat climbing all those stairs.  This might be a good idea. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, that would be awesome for stair workouts--I wish I had one of those in my yard!

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

Corona...icky! Wink  Have you had Blue Moon?  One infamous RAer didn't really like beer (except Miller Lite) *cough* Mississippi *cough* until she started drinking that.

The thing about falling in cyclocross is that it's on dirt and not while moving super fast.  That doesn't scare me too much.  Wrecking during a road race is what terrifies me. 

I'm just taking baby steps.    It wasn't "light" so give me some credit.  I'm trying.  I'll try harder next time.

I look my best blurry!

So you don't have something against all citrus fruits in beer.  Just limes.  Oranges OK.  I'll try that next time.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So you don't have something against all citrus fruits in beer.  Just limes.  Oranges OK.  I'll try that next time.

Oh, no...my very favorite beer is good with a slice of orange (it's similar to Blue Moon)...or without.  I just don't much care for lagers, Corona or otherwise.  I didn't start liking beers until I tried some ales and heavier beers.

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

So, what is it?  I might want to go for the gusto!