Smart Adidas shoes let you mimic your favorite athlete (Read 1395 times)

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/smart-takes/smart-adidas-shoes-let-you-mimic-your-favorite-athlete/20309

This is a border line false advertisement to me.  It's not necessarily that it will "let you mimic" your favorite athlete; but merely tells you the gap between you and him/her.  How and what you do to close the gap is completely up to you, I'm assuming...  So yeah, it's like running shoes that would calculate all sorts of stuff and come back and tell you; "You're slower than Ryan Hall.  Try to run 4-minutes per mile faster."  Yeah, a lot of help that would be...  Did make me laugh though.

Little Richard is someone's favorite athlete?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

in high school they used to let us mimic Carl Lewis by tying 1 end of a bugee cord around our waist, tying the other end to the locked doors at the end of the hall, and having 2 coaches pull us back until the bugee was tight, then they let go of our arms.   

MTA: Nader - I'm getting more of a Ronald McDonald vibe from those cleats.  Particulaly when it fills half of my damn screen. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is a border line false advertisement to me.  It's not necessarily that it will "let you mimic" your favorite athlete; but merely tells you the gap between you and him/her.  How and what you do to close the gap is completely up to you, I'm assuming...  So yeah, it's like running shoes that would calculate all sorts of stuff and come back and tell you; "You're slower than Ryan Hall.  Try to run 4-minutes per mile faster."  Yeah, a lot of help that would be...  Did make me laugh though.

To be fair, I think the "mimic your favorite athlete" line comes from the blogger, not from Adidas.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

MTA: Nader - I'm getting more of a Ronald McDonald vibe from those cleats.  Particulaly when it fills half of my damn screen. 

It looks to me like a candy corn molding machine that got turned off mid-stride, so to speak.

ultraprocessed

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Imminent Catastrophe

in high school they used to let us mimic Carl Lewis by tying 1 end of a bugee cord around our waist, tying the other end to the locked doors at the end of the hall, and having 2 coaches pull us back until the bugee was tight, then they let go of our arms.   

That sounds more like you were mimicking Wile E. Coyote!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

garyspeed

spam

[semi-coherent spam posting snipped]

"I will miss our conversations."

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

[semi-coherent spam posting snipped]

"I will miss our conversations."

I don't think he had shoes on... 

Julia1971

This is the form cleat technology takes.

I feel like the running shoe manufacturers make some kind of modification to my shoes every...  2 years?  But, I feel like the cleats (grass not turf) I buy haven't changed that much since I was in high school.  I guess what we have is as good as it gets.