Well, crap...RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman (Read 289 times)

We occasionally aspire to be like an actor or a successful businessman or a sports celebrity or a politician.

We (as non celebrities) find that our simple lives are not meaningful enough, and we want more fame and fortune and recognition.  It's a common thought.

We say "if only..." prior to saying, "then my life would be better".

Sadly, although those celebrities have climbed the highest mountain and have been given a platform to speak and share and be recognized by society, they are still missing something.

They thought that their "if only" question was answered, and their life would be better.  But it isn't.
    They are missing someone or something.

They are surprised that they are lonely.

They are surprised that they are depressed and sad and still needy.

They may be unable to complain to their followers that they still need more (or need something else).

Their life isn't fulfilled.

They may have thought their life would be or should be based on their successes, but it isn't (or it wasn't).

There are things beyond earthly measures (money, fame, and fortune) that people need.

Yes, I know that many of 'them' understand that their needs aren't met by earthly things, and fame and fortune.  I know that some of them have been able to find what they were looking for and have been able to live in peace and happiness.

I don't aspire to be like them.

I feel for those that are empty and silently rot away while 'acting' normal when in public.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Why is it sideways?

They

Those types of people

The empty ones

They have no insides

Because they are they

Because they are not we

We have hearts

We are the full ones

We are real

We

L Train

Anakin Skywalker.  Hero or villain?  And how much do circumstances come into play?

mikeymike

For every person who is alive today there are something like 15 people who have died in the history of the world. It's easy enough for everyone to remember 15 people, so in theory there should be someone to remember everyone. But like a billion people remember Hitler or Mandela or Philip Seymour Hoffman so nobody remembers a lot of people. So it goes.

Runners run

Joann Y

Vonnegut had the right approach.

kofiluddin

PSH was no fan of spam