Hiding truly "old" courses (Read 738 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Eric, I've noticed an apparent limitation on the courses menu. You have the option to show only courses used in the last x months, but that time frame appears to be based when the course was entered into the system, not when it was last run. Example: I've got several courses I entered in to capture my personal records, which were all run 17~20 years ago (long before running skirts were even a gleam in some marketer's eye). Tongue Anyhow, clearly those courses have not been run in last 6 months, but I can't seem to hide them on my course list. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

Jeff, The courses are filtered based on when (in real time) it was last used (as opposed to calendar time). For example, you used it on the day when you added races from long ago. If, say, you created those entries on April 15, and if you set the filter to 3 months, then on July 15, these courses will the hidden from you. Does this make sense?
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Jeff, The courses are filtered based on when (in real time) it was last used (as opposed to calendar time). For example, you used it on the day when you added races from long ago. If, say, you created those entries on April 15, and if you set the filter to 3 months, then on July 15, these courses will the hidden from you. Does this make sense?
        Yeah, gotcha. So if I wait them out, they will disappear over the next few months. I can live with that. Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

eric :)

I don't think the alternative is any better. A good example is for when you entered these old PRs. You created a course to enter these entries, which you do one by one. If the courses are hidden by the last time you ran on them, they would be hidden for you every time you add an entry. That's just as annoying. Like pretty much everything else, how "last used" is defined has its pros and cons.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You created a course to enter these entries, which you do one by one. If the courses are hidden by the last time you ran on them, they would be hidden for you every time you add an entry. That's just as annoying. Like pretty much everything else, how "last used" is defined has its pros and cons.
            Well, you could have it keep visible any courses with no runs (i.e. I just made this course that I'm planning to run today), while blocking those which have an out-of-date last time run. But honestly, I think my scenario is a weird one, and now that I think about, not worth changing a line of code over. Cheers, Jeff

How about a checkbox to "retire" a course like you retire a shoe? - then they won't show up as options when you put in a new run. I know there are a lot of courses that I could retire because I've moved from the area and won't be running again... Just a thought.
                The other option is to take out your high school PRs. Let it go man. Live in the now. Wink

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The other option is to take out your high school PRs. Let it go man. Live in the now. Wink
                  A PR is a PR. Wink I'll consider letting those go when I hit 40 and am in the master's group. Until then, it's a 3-1/2 year quest to break at least one of them. Based on McMillan, my 25k and 10k are most vulnerable. The only way I'll come close to my 800m PR is falling off an 800m cliff, so I am letting that one go; let's face it -- that's 2 minutes and change of hell that I am very unlikely to ever put myself through again! Dead

I can relate. I'm chasing some old ghosts too. I haven't given up hope on my mile PR since I think that one's always been soft. My 800 from Jr year in H.S. (2:03) is probably safe and my 400 (53.7) is safe for sure. A PR is a PR but a PR is not always what the RA log says is a PR. Obviously you can't have 6K, 10M and 11M PRs slower per mile than your Half Marathon PR, as my log says I do. And then there are several distances I've only raced once and wasn't even racing very hard...etc. I'm also pretty sure I ran a 5K or two faster than 17 back in h.s. but I really didn't keep track. I just see the RA log as a running log. It's a log of the running I've done since I started using an online long in '02. If I'm going to put in races from high school then I should put in every run I did since then too...just how I think of it.

Runners run