Cheap GPS Watch. (Read 457 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

There are some GPS watches now at $100.00 or less. I only want time and distance. Anyone tried the Timex Marathon watch or other $100.00

GPS Watches.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Hey Tom Ive got the Soleus 1.0 real basic not uploadable but works fine for distance and splits etc. It has helped me alot with pacing in races and training. Seems robust I cant say much bad about it. Cost about $90 US at RW

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Thanks. i don't care if it is uploadable.

jmctav23

2/3rds training

see www.dcrainmaker.com for indepth reviews of sport GPS stuff of any budget level.  

Hey Tom Ive got the Soleus 1.0 real basic not uploadable but works fine for distance and splits etc. It has helped me alot with pacing in races and training. Seems robust I cant say much bad about it. Cost about $90 US at RW

Not knocking the Soleus, but for $20. bucks more he can buy a Garmin 10, that is uploadable, plus has other bells and whistles.

OR, you can go really old school...drive a course or map it out on a site like mapmyrun  then buy yourself a $40. Timex Ironman, use the 'chronograph' feature for the time running.  Then, just use a pace calculator from the interwebz.

There are some GPS watches now at $100.00 or less. I only want time and distance. Anyone tried the Timex Marathon watch or other $100.00

GPS Watches.

I have this watch and I've owned three Garmin Watches.  This one is more accurate.  It has been spot on during marathon's where my garmins were always off by a third of a mile.  It is not perfect but I find it works well plus I can wear it as an everyday watch. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

...  or map it out on a site like mapmyrun ...

You can map routes on this site.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

You can map routes on this site.

Yes of course....I blame my recent escape from RWOL on this oversight.  I've already used the map feature on here.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I have been running on trails so I can not drive and map my runs.

I have been running on trails so I can not drive and map my runs.

Believe it or not, the mapping program on here and mapmyrun works on trails...well at least the trails that can be seen on a map.  Here in San Antonio, we have the 'Leon Creek' trail system, that is only visible on a map by a thin line..but 'clicking' on the line, works just the same as roads.

Another option is..if you have a smart phone, download a free copy of ENDOMONDO and hop on a bike and map the distance that way.  In any case, you've been running awhile. so I am repeating what you already know.