Running in a new place.. (Read 573 times)

Double IPA Please!

Since I have been in Canada my runs have been anything but pleasant.. I know elevation is a factor and the hills here are killer..Seriously, I have had a really tough time adjusting between the two..I thought the hills back home were bad but these, these seem to never end they just climb and climb Shocked I told my husband that after my last two runs my body felt as if I just ran a race..I have intentionally slowed my pace and have taken walk breaks (8/1 ratio).. I don't think today I hydrated enough and I am paying for it now. I mean I have been here since last week, I would think my body would have acclimated already no?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Go Daddy

http://www.princeton.edu/~oa/safety/altitude.html Sounds like you are in a very scenic place. I found this article on acclimation that may help better understand what is going on. It may just be the extra effort from the hills making the altitude problem more pronounced. I had a summer job during school in the mountains near Sun Valley and I don't think I ever got used to the altitude. Hiking up hills and mountains was the worst.

Double IPA Please!

Oh yeah, the views are fantastic!! I'm either looking at bodies of water on either side of me at any one time or I'm looking at gorgeous rolling hills ahead of and in back of me Tongue If only I was not constantly climbing them..lol I will go to the link you posted-thanks!!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

My Hero

I know elevation is a factor and the hills here are killer. I would think my body would have acclimated already no?
          When I moved from Oregon (sea level) to Denver which is a mile high, it felt like it took for-ev-er to get comfortable. I just had to be patient with slowing down the pace. Just think how blistering fast you're going to be when you hit the flat lowlands! Smile

Just Be

I mean I have been here since last week, I would think my body would have acclimated already no?
            It might take about 2 to 6 months to completely get used to the hills, the altitude is a different story... that will probably take a little longer.
              Stick it out and you'll really kick it when you get back to sea level Big grin

Vim