Holabird Sports (Read 1339 times)

Any comments?

They sent me the wrong size shoes, argued that I ordered a size that I haven't fit into since I was ten years old (shut up, L-T) and made me pay to return them.  Never again.

I love runningwarehouse.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I've bought several pairs of shoes from them and maybe a few other sundry items (maybe socks) over the years.  They've never screwed up my order or anything like that, but I find that runningwarehouse seems to generally have better prices (and you can often dig up a promo code for them, which I have not been able to do for Holabird).  The only time I buy anything from Holabird now is if they happen to have a model on clearance that I can't get for equal or cheaper on runningwarehouse.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

I gave up on roadrunnersports after 8 years (and lots of shenanigans I won't go into because this is supposed to be about holabird) because runningwarehouse is easy peasy about everything and has great prices I can't find anywhere. Including holabird.

And before someone says "Isn't runningwarehouse owned by roadrunnersports?"  No.  rrs (used to? may still?) have an outlet called Kelly's Running Warehouse.  Different thing.

I also avoid Eastbay - They have screwed up my width 3/5 times for a 60% error rate.

Retired 1/1/13 

I've always had good luck with Holabird.  I still use them for heavily discounted shoes if they have them but most of my shoes now come from runningwarehouse.

Lower Potomac River Marathon - March 8

I've bought running shoes (mostly reduced-price prior year models) from holabirdsports  at least a dozen times and have never had a problem.

I buy from  runningwarehouse, too.

(Years ago, I bought tons from RRS, but very seldom now.)

I've ordered from Holabird for years--never a problem.
                  L Train

They sent me the wrong size shoes.

You are a funny girl today. 

just a simple cat

You are a funny girl today. 

She SAID shut up L-T!!  Big grin

Running is stupid

old woman w/hobby

Yes, Runningwarehouse.  They are very, very good!

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

I, too, am a huge fan of Holabird.  I've ordered 10-15 pairs of shoes from them over the years and never had a problem.  In fact, they have always arrived two days after my order without any extra charge (MD to NC).

I recently received my New Balance 890 model for $45.00, can't beat that with a stick!

Happy Camper

I purchase five to six pairs of shoes from them each year.  Always prompt ship, received in good order, never a substitution error with product or size.  They have saved me a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Big grin

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I know buying online can save substantial money, but I am still skittish about buying any shoes I'm going to run in without trying them on in a brick and mortar store. Obviously not knocking anybody who does, just doesn't work so well for me. (Although must also admit, I've done so a couple of times with good results from the Warehouse.)